Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themiddle91489

I served food to Ken Daneyko!

17 posts in this topic

I work at the Friday's in Roxbury. Friday night, 6 PM, starting to get busy. There's a swarm of people around the kitchen pulling orders, so the first one I see I pull and bring it out to a table.

As I was walking, I realize I've seen the guy at the table before. I get a little closer, and he has an NHL hat on (with a little french saying on the side).

It's KEN DANEYKO

I stop at the table, and kind of just stare in awe for a few seconds. I give his wife her salad, and I give him the ribs/shrimp combo he ordered. I didn't say anything, because I've met him a couple times and taken a picture or two, and on a busy night in a restaurant, I'm sure that's the last place he wanted to be noticed. I sort of regret that, but I would've regretted starting a huge chain of autograph seekers more.

I thought it was a really cool experience

I work at the Friday's in Roxbury. Friday night, 6 PM, starting to get busy. There's a swarm of people around the kitchen pulling orders, so the first one I see I pull and bring it out to a table.

As I was walking, I realize I've seen the guy at the table before. I get a little closer, and he has an NHL hat on (with a little french saying on the side).

It's KEN DANEYKO

I stop at the table, and kind of just stare in awe for a few seconds. I give his wife her salad, and I give him the ribs/shrimp combo he ordered. I didn't say anything, because I've met him a couple times and taken a picture or two, and on a busy night in a restaurant, I'm sure that's the last place he wanted to be noticed. I sort of regret that, but I would've regretted starting a huge chain of autograph seekers more.

did he leave a good tip? :P:lol:

You should have been like "SIR THIS SALAD IS A REGULAR POWER PLAY OF TASTE" and "DO YOU NEED THE PLUS MINUS OF YOUR DRINK IMPROVED"

You should have been like "SIR THIS SALAD IS A REGULAR POWER PLAY OF TASTE" and "DO YOU NEED THE PLUS MINUS OF YOUR DRINK IMPROVED"

WIN.

But sounds pretty cool! I definitely would've said something...

That's so cool. I live not too far from that Fridays. Too bad I didn't go that day :(

You could have at least thanked him for helping us get three stanley cups. Also what did he get to drink? I hope it was a soda or a water.

for the sake of everyone here, just say it was a water or soda, regardless of what it really was

"To Serve Mankind"

TwilightZone3.jpg

Good one El D

"IT'S A COOK BOOK.................."

that's awesome. i have been to that friday's more than a few times. didn't think he came this far out in jersey. doesn't he live near caldwell or something?

that's awesome. i have been to that friday's more than a few times. didn't think he came this far out in jersey. doesn't he live near caldwell or something?

I see Dano out in Morristown a lot. I got to chat with him once and he mentioned he lives in the Mendham/Chester area, so I guess he moved.

"To Serve Mankind"

TwilightZone3.jpg

Holy Crap it's Jaws ~

That's cool. My friends aunt is dating him.

Isn't he... uhm... married?

I give his wife her salad, and I give him the ribs/shrimp combo he ordered.
That's cool. My friends aunt is dating him.

:blink:

(edit: lol wow MB spotted it as soon as i did and beat me to it)

Edited by nmigliore

Well, this thread got a whole lot more interesting!!!

It's KEN DANEYKO

Pretty cool. I just ate at that Fridays a couple of weeks ago. Good place.