Canes' message boards

DEV1LDR1VER

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't happen, sorry. I don't like to predict playoff series. Too many "X" factors. Injuries, officiating, and certain players getting hot/cold. I will say that if both teams play their very best, 100% and there's no interference from the officiating, the Devils would take us in 5. But again, too many factors to make a prediction.

that quote coming from one of the smarter ones over there.

Most of them sound really confident. One made some comment about how devs fans know little about their depth but then someone makes some comment about us trapping...haha ok. Either way we'll both know each other a little better after this series.

Ive said it yesterday... Devils need to crash the net. stand in front of Ward. Stand within 2 inches of Ward. The nhl wont allow defenseman to 'take out' the front o the net.....

CRASH THE NET DEVILS. bump ward. get Ward and the hurricanes off their game........ Teams have been doing this against us and brodeur for the last few years....

We can just throw 50 shots a game but if ward is on, he'll stop everyone.

NEED TO CRASH THE NET. BUMP WARD.

Cant say it enough.

I don't get some of you. The Canes fans are confident and should be. They won 9 in a row late in the season. The Devils lost 6 in a row late in the season. They almost swept the season series from us, and won the most recent playoff series. Their goalie is playing the best hockey since winning the Conn Smythe. Marty Brodeur has played some of his worst hockey of his career. Good for them for having hope and confidence in their team. Would some people be satisfied if all their fans agreed the Devils are the superior team and should be lucky enough to win 1 game?

This isn't fans from Columbus expecting to beat the Wings. I think each fan base as a whole doesn't know that much about the opposite team and each fan base is going to make a lot of bias opinions. One fan on this board gives the Devils and advantage in OT ignoring the Devils poor OT history and the Canes strong record. The Devils are 0-4 in OT against the Canes in the playoffs and any team with Nic Wallin on it should have the advantage.

Bottom line is I expect each team's fans to be very confident and there is nothing wrong with that.

And lastly, maybe the joke about fans should be skipped seeing as the Hurricanes have had better attendance for the last 4 seasons.

One fan on this board gives the Devils and advantage in OT ignoring the Devils poor OT history and the Canes strong record.

And why not? Something that happened in the past, sometimes distant past, with different players, different coaches, different philosophies, different seasons, and different teams shouldn't weigh too greatly in reviewing this years team.

Most of them said Canes in six. I agree with them. Besides one misinformed poster (the trap), I didn't see anything too crazy. They should like their team's chances. Superior special teams is a great reason to pick one team over another.

Edited by Jerrydevil

And why not? Something that happened in the past, sometimes distant past, with different players, different coaches, different philosophies, different seasons, and different teams shouldn't weigh too greatly in reviewing this years team.

I won't disagree with that, and I wasn't trying to make it sound like that poster was wrong, although on a second read it does sound like that. I was just stating that their fans could think that assessment is ridiculous based on past circumstances.

And the posters reasoning might be faulty since 5 on 5 OT is a whole different animal than 4 on 4.

The Hurricanes have fans? I have never met or seen one in my life. Ever. That entire franchise should be brought back to Hartford. Long live the Whale, death to hick hockey.

This story comes to mind every time Hurricanes fans are brought up, and I know I've posted this here before...

I watched the Devils win the 1995 Stanley Cup on a 12" black and white TV in the lobby of Granny's Chicken Palace somewhere in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina with the pack of Boy Scouts I was a scouting it up with at the time (I was 12-years old). The next day, as we began our two weeks of camping at Camp Daniel Boone, we were the only pack from New Jersey checking in. During our time there, a group of local kids came up to us and said in their thick southern drawl spewing from mouths missing several teeth, "We heard yer boys won the Cup ... what in the hell is 'the Cup'?" True story.

Caniacs my aching ass. This team should still be in Hartford.

The Hurricanes have fans? I have never met or seen one in my life. Ever. That entire franchise should be brought back to Hartford. Long live the Whale, death to hick hockey.

That's not fair, I hate the Canes, but they don't deserve to be lumped in with other poorly moved teams like Nashville or Phoenix. My best friend moved down there from Minnesota, and he respects their fans, so that should tell you something.

This story comes to mind every time Hurricanes fans are brought up, and I know I've posted this here before...

I watched the Devils win the 1995 Stanley Cup on a 12" black and white TV in the lobby of Granny's Chicken Palace somewhere in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina with the pack of Boy Scouts I was a scouting it up with at the time (I was 12-years old). The next day, as we began our two weeks of camping at Camp Daniel Boone, we were the only pack from New Jersey checking in. During our time there, a group of local kids came up to us and said in their thick southern drawl spewing from mouths missing several teeth, "We heard yer boys won the Cup ... what in the hell is 'the Cup'?" True story.

All this post tells me is that Bettman was pretty crazy for putting hockey in North Carolina. But with that being said, those fans are loud and passionate. They may not come out and support the team when they are really down, but how many fanbases do that? But they sure as hell support the team when they are winning and good on them for that at least. They sold out pretty much every game down the stretch, (the building fits almost 19,000), and filled the place up most nights after winning the Cup.

If I am Bettman and the NHL, I am pretty happy with how hockey turned out in Carolina.

Back after they won the cup, we were looking into moving down there and in every single house we looked at, there were Hurricanes Stanley Cup banners in every kids room. I was shocked by it. Everybody there, on every car, in every store, in every house, had some sort of display of Hurricanes merchandise. I was astonished by this because before then, I thought the same as you, but I respected their pride for their team. Them and the Capitals (and maybe the Lightning) are the only Southern teams that have any sort of value, in my opinion.

Well, if you were going to poll Hurricane fans, Appalachia wasn't the place to go! Plus, they didn't even have a team yet in 1995.

By the way, you might get some toothless, blank stares in Sussex County.

Yes and this time around they will be the fans that will get burned. Our 2002 is their 2009. :evil:

Karma is a bitch and hopefully it will happen to them this year.

Oh god, the kiss of death.............. kiss our season goodbye. :rolleyes: Please when will you learn never make bold predictions like this! :evil: