GDT: 4/12/2009 Devils vs Hurricanes 7:30PM

RunninWithTheDevil

large.png@large.png

7:30 PM

PREVIEW

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - The Carolina Hurricanes finished the regular season as one of the NHL's hottest teams, so there seems little doubt what to expect from them in the opening round of the playoffs.

The New Jersey Devils are a different story, despite winning four of the final five games.

The quest for the cup begins.

alg_devils-celebrate.jpg

alg_cole-hurricanes.jpg

devils_canes_ap_400.jpg

Devils win 3-2 over the hurricanes in final game of season.

610x.jpg

Honda%20NHL%20Superskills%20WdwLN5ziTJml.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

d3722a039c970cd66d432254ef3c673b-getty-84632993bb022_carolina_hurr.jpg

610x.jpg

ad8bc7e3-f91b-4595-a9a5-90fa0c16927e.jpg

New%20Jersey%20Devils%20v%20Montreal%20Canadiens%204VTeuH7Q0B7l.jpg

591daf2a552e7d241e0569039eedc3fc.jpg

Carolina-Hurricanes.jpg

hurricanes%20fan.jpg

hurricrap_medium.jpg

njbind.jpg

35373364_a07bbefac5_o.jpg

LETS GO DEVILS!

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a good feeling about this team ever since the Rolston signing. The only thing that worried me was the Devils being heavily favored. Enter their play over the last month or so and all of the sudden our boys are underdogs, a role they always thrive in. It all starts today ... LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

The time is finally here and now. The Devils need to make their run and it starts tonight on home ice. This is what these players played their asses off to get here and to be in a good position to win the series. Devils need to stay out of the penalty box and improve on the PK of theirs. Also score some PPG when give the PP chances. Special teams is going to be a big factor in this series and the Devils better get it done. Brodeur is well rested and far from a burnout in this years playoffs, so that will no longer be the excuses.

Brodeur says he is ready to go. I am ready to go and the Devils fans are ready to go. Lets get it going Devils. Beat the piss out of those Canes! So pumped for this game and the adrenaline will be flowing during this game and series.

Just WIN Devils, just WIN!

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

GDT: Devils Mascot.

njbind.jpg

35373364_a07bbefac5_o.jpg

Martin-Brodeur---Portrait-Plus-2004-Photofile-Photograph-C12188818.jpeg

h042102A.jpg

mart_80355.jpg

Its time... time for the devils to wash away the stink of thier pitiful playoff performances since the cup in 03, time for Marty to prove he can win WITHOUT Stevens in front of him, and time for our scorers to show how dominant they can be.

Keys for the Devils to win...

1 - Don't take stupid penalties. I can't stress enough to this team that we will destroy ourselves by taking too many penalties. At this point the Carolina PP is at the very least something for our team to fear so the best way to battle it is to not take dumb penalties and defeat ourselves. If there were ever a way the Devils could kill themselves it will be this.

2 - We must strike early and often. Crash the net in front of Ward. If we take shots from the point or the tops of the circles we are not going to score. We need traffic in front of Ward to frustrate him and throw him off his game. I am not lookin for pretty goals I am just lookin for goals period. Don't try and be fancy. You don't get extra points for showmanship.

It all starts tonight at the rock. Many thought we would miss the playoffs after Marty went down but here we are the #3 seed entering the playoffs. Ill be up in 209 which should be a great experience :dance: The first night the Rock is truly ours for a playoff game, and the night that Marty can tie Roy's record for all-time playoff shutouts :D I really think Marty is going to play great in the playoffs and tonight it starts.

Hopefully we can get the first goal and never look back in this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgN73aITB6s

LETS GO DEVILS

Edited by welcometotherock

Let's Go Devils!!!

I'm pumped for this game and glad Sutter put Rupp in and is sitting Holik. I think we are going to whip the Canes often and early. Devils in 5 Baby... Whooooooooooo

I wouldn't say 5. Canes are going to keep going down like a $10 prostitute to get penalties Which will enable them to take a couple games.

I'm going to stop reading all the so-called "experts" on the sports pages and sports sites. I haven't found one yet who predicts that the Devils will win. When did we lost that respect? Only a few weeks ago they were predicting that we would go to the Finals? How can a bad 2 weeks change all that?

I want these Devils to come out angry at the disrespect (do we know if they read or know about those predictions?) and absolutely play the kind of hockey we know they can, and for Marty to be the Marty who is the winningest goalie in NHL history! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!! SHOW THEM UP AND MAKE THEM PAY!

LET'S GO DEVILS! AND LET'S GO CAPS - I'LL BE AT THE VERIZON CENTER TONIGHT HOPING FOR UTTER DESTRUCTION OF THE RAGS AND FOR AVERY'S FACE TO MEET THE DONALD'S FISTS!