Rock Your Red Tonight!

OfficialDL

Devils fans, thanks for the support all season and for the great turnout for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals!

Continue showing your support for Jersey's Team and ROCK YOUR RED tonight for Game 2 of the Devils' series with the Canes.

Check out Devils Playoff Central for updates , game summaries, video and audio highlights throughout the playoffs:

http://devils.nhl.com/2009playoffcentral-r1.htm

+1!

Yes ROCK YOU RED!!! NOT white! Still do not get WHY Devils fans still wear white jerseys and t-shirts when they are trying to "Rock Your Red at a game." Just don't get it. It is one thing if some do not own a red Devils jersey or t-shirt, but they have tons of red jerseys and t-shirts in the Devils Den for sale. Join the crowd and "Rock Your Red" for the playoffs. Just for one game I would love to see the Prudential Center be a sea of red like the Saddledome in Calgary. It would be cool to see. B )

Then again the Devils are handing out white towels at the playoff games. :doh1: They should be red towels.

+1!

Yes ROCK YOU RED!!! NOT white! Still do not get WHY Devils fans still wear white jerseys and t-shirts when they are trying to "Rock Your Red at a game." Just don't get it. It is one thing if some do not own a red Devils jersey or t-shirt, but they have tons of red jerseys and t-shirts in the Devils Den for sale. Join the crowd and "Rock Your Red" for the playoffs. Just for one game I would love to see the Prudential Center be a sea of red like the Saddledome in Calgary. It would be cool to see. B )

Then again the Devils are handing out white towels at the playoff games. :doh1: They should be red towels.

Sorry but they won with my white Parise jersey. Infact, they have only lost once at home with me wearing it compared to my Red Clarkson or any other Devils jersey I have. Gotta wear it until they lose at home. Its the playoffs....

Edited by Souray44

+1!

because there are some devils fans that have only 1 jersey and cant afford another red one. Since they spent money on tickets anyways.... and BESIDES that, im sure some fans have FAVORITE, or LUCKY white devils jerseys........ So while yes it would be cool if everyone wore red but dont get critical on them... it is what it is..... as long as there is devils fans in the arena, its good enough!

the towels should be red though, 100 percent agree with that. but our tickets are white also. white tickets, white towels, but the devils tell us to rock our red? :noclue:

because there are some devils fans that have only 1 jersey and cant afford another red one. Since they spent money on tickets anyways.... and BESIDES that, im sure some fans have FAVORITE, or LUCKY white devils jerseys........ So while yes it would be cool if everyone wore red but dont get critical on them... it is what it is..... as long as there is devils fans in the arena, its good enough!

the towels should be red though, 100 percent agree with that. but our tickets are white also. white tickets, white towels, but the devils tell us to rock our red? :noclue:

the tickets have a shiny red outline for the playoffs!!

Sorry but they won with my white Parise jersey. Infact, they have only lost once at home with me wearing it compared to my Red Clarkson or any other Devils jersey I have. Gotta wear it until they lose at home. Its the playoffs....

Oh, I completely understand your superstitions and it is the playoffs now. I wasn't knocking anyone wearing white jerseys. If the Devils keep winning with what you got stick with it. :P

I would just love to see the entire Prudential Center Rock Your Red for just one game, which IMO, would look pretty cool that's all.

HellOnIce, red towels or red t-shirts would be the way to go if this organization really wants to see the Devils fans "Rock Your Red." Most of the time it is hard to figure this Devils organization.

The only way you're getting everyone to wear the same color is by giving away the shirts for free. I believe that's how the Winnipeg Jets were so successful with their "White outs". Personally, I'd rather they come up with something original. I kind of liked the pom-poms of years past. It was different but probably not original. Towels have been done ad nauseum since the 70s.

Edited by twillms73

I shall be "rocking my red" at the game tonight as usual. Since you thanked the fans I'd like to thank the Devils players, management, marketing dept, staff and everybody involved with the team. I've been to the rock about 20 times this year and every experience has been excellent. From concessions to marketing promos, to fan appreciation, to the organization's commitment to winning, I can honestly say I'm proud to be a Devils fan.

Here is to a fun playoff series and hopefully a long run toward the cup this year.

:dance:

Scoops

+1!

Sorry man, it's white again for me tonight. I wore it for Game 1, and I can't break the luck. IF they lose, I'll be sure to wear red for Game 5.

Oh, I completely understand your superstitions and it is the playoffs now. I wasn't knocking anyone wearing white jerseys. If the Devils keep winning with what you got stick with it. :P

I would just love to see the entire Prudential Center Rock Your Red for just one game, which IMO, would look pretty cool that's all.

HellOnIce, red towels or red t-shirts would be the way to go if this organization really wants to see the Devils fans "Rock Your Red." Most of the time it is hard to figure this Devils organization.

in this post you say "you completely understand"....... but in your first post, you said "you dont get why" when talking about why devils fans dont wear red... :noclue:

red towels would have been the way to go!

red towels would have been the way to go!

red looks great on everyone.

its that blue color that just doesn't do anyone any favors

(and for th record i've always got red on. something about my hair color...)

Edited by ev0lemi

...so was tonights sell-out crowd a real one, or just another figment of imagination?

looked pretty close to it. There were some empties in the obscenely priced sections (9,8,7 and 18,19,20) but not huge swaths.

if the devils really want to create a Sea of Red, then hand out red t shirts as the fans file in.

Edited by '7'