BRODEUR CRIES FOUL AS DEVILS FALL AT :00.2

SC Devs Fan

BRODEUR CRIES FOUL AS DEVILS FALL AT :00.2

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04222009/sport...00_2_165647.htm

Martin Brodeur, heroic against the Hurricanes' 46-shot barrage, slammed his stick against the glass repeatedly after Jokinen's winner stood, protesting that Jokinen had bumped him a second earlier.

"That call, and losing the game and everything," Brodeur said prompted his outburst. "I felt I'd kept us in the game when it was 3-0, then we had that unbelievable comeback.

"To let that go ..."

But he put it in perspective.

"We didn't lose [a series] today," Brodeur said.

They haven't lost the last five series when they lost Game 4 to even it up, last falling that way to the 1992 Rangers, also the last team to beat them from a 2-1 deficit. The Devils are 9-8 in series that have been tied 2-2, but an impressive 7-2 in series when they've lost Game 4.

This.

"I felt I'd kept us in the game when it was 3-0, then we had that unbelievable comeback."

This is what bothers me the most....how about keeping us in it when we were tied 0-0? I get it, not all goals were his fault, infact I didn't get to watch the first 2 periods consistently enough to know if any of the goals were his fault but the fact is he's a winner and winner's don't say this they say, as someone once put it, "I eat pucks and sh*t victory, let's do this." (had to use that line, best E V A R)

"I felt I'd kept us in the game when it was 3-0, then we had that unbelievable comeback."

This is what bothers me the most....how about keeping us in it when we were tied 0-0? I get it, not all goals were his fault, infact I didn't get to watch the first 2 periods consistently enough to know if any of the goals were his fault but the fact is he's a winner and winner's don't say this they say, as someone once put it, "I eat pucks and sh*t victory, let's do this." (had to use that line, best E V A R)

I hope the implication there is, "yeah i screwed up and let in 3 goals, but ..."

I hope Marty will use this game as a motivation because i see two ways that series end:Or we lose the last two

games because the team is completely destroyed or something like that :unsure: or Marty come up with two

shutouts in a row to makes us win the series.Last game was awful...specially for Marty.Its not that its Marty's

fault but playoffs time equal goalie time.Its when goalies win game on their own so i felt it didn't helped the

guys when he let the Canes score two poor goals which certainly took a lot of the momentum we had or that

we could have gained by winning this OT game on Sunday.

Edited by SS-SS

Marty needs to step the fvck up and steal game 5 tomorrow. I don't care if we only score one- I still expect to win, because I expect him to rise up and do what he's capable of, and what he hasn't done in forever- be the sole difference in a Devils playoff victory.

Edited by MadDog2020

Hey guys, I just left Hockeybuzz for obvious reasons, so Im kind of new to the site. I'm gonna try to be on here a lot more, because you all seem more realistic and down to Earth Devils fans than other places.

Last night was a heartbraker. I was in disbelieve when they scored that goal with less than a second left. Terrible. Martin should have just dumped it with 6 seconds left, then the game would have gone into OT, where anything could have happened. Still. It is what it is. Tomorrow's game decided the series IMO. Parise was invisible last night, and I think we tied that game through a lot of 3rd and 4th line heroics. We can play with the Canes. Every game has been kept close, save the first one, when we blew them out 4-1. Im keeping my fingers crossed!

Marty's actions and whining is what every parent wants his kids to see. Marty should be fined by the Devils and the NHL for actions unbecoming a professional goalie and hockey player.

Ya know what pal , just can it, you don't contribute anything good to this forum. Please leave and don't let the door hit you on the way out, punk

Yeah sure, If it wasn't for Marty we'd have been 8-0 down. Some people :rolleyes:

See I've never seen the rationale in that....now does that mean if we didn't have a goalie in net we would've been down 8-0 or if we had anyone in goal other than MB30 we would have been down 8-0 because there are about 6 other goalies in the playoffs that in their last outing that gave up less than 3 goals for the whole game so I'm sure someone is capable...but that is completely beside the point as we've seen this season MB30 is not the end all be all of goalies on this team, if he was we wouldn't even be in the playoffs. That said the initial point in my comment came strictly out of the fact that he said that he kept us in it when it was 3-0. ooh...he pitched a shut out from 6:31 into the second until 19:59 into the third...that means nothing...I just want to see some accountability is all.

We all say a penalty here or this and that one thing didn't cause us to lose and the same can be said about that play, that non call didn't cost us the game had we been up 3-2 or 3-1...the team as a whole, including MB30 fought back from a 3-0 deficit and good for them it showed heart and it showed grit and determination...but that comment would be no different than Elias or Madden or someone coming out and saying well I lead us to almost win by shooting and almost getting a goal to put us in the lead...

I'm trying hard not to rag on MB30 for whining or whatever but comments like that make it hard. As I said in another post each and every player should play THROUGH the whistle each and every game 110% and if they can't then bench them, no exceptions. This game isn't about what calls you can draw its about playing the game and winning, its about standing up and saying, "I eat pucks and sh!t victory, let's do this!" (I love that, I really really do!) :D

and for those who'll say it without reading my post, yes he was under attack alot with the Canes, hell they put 46 shots on goal but as anyone will point out when we are winning, he's the greatest goalie ever...it comes with the territory is all. "Good isn't good where better is expected." That should apply to all, not just some.

Edited by UnderDogX