Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeford

GDT: 4/23 - New Jersey Devils vs. Carolina Hurricanes - Game 5 ECQF

433 posts in this topic

Yep. No let down. Nice to have off until Sunday however. Rest is needed me thinks.

Wow, is it ever.

I am trying to think of a better playoff game for Marty. He had some sick duels with Hasek in 1994. Boy, that's a long time ago!

brodeur has not allowed a soft goal all series. i keep waiting for him to, but he hasn't. he's been new jersey's best player.

amazing that this game had 80+ shots. more amazing is that andy greene had 5 SOG.

Agreed. He's taken so much sh*t this series for no good reason at all. The thing is that Ward has been really good as well. Usually you will be able to count on a few soft goals through a series but Ward has been very good as well. There has been nothing easy for the Devils.

Carolina brought it tonight. The Devils did as well but to be on the winning end of a game like this is pretty awesome.

Edited by SickMan

I've bitten off all my fingers already. I'll work on my toes in the next round.

Sanford and Son.... "It's the big one... Get my Nitro pills!"

Now hopefully we can get the Captain back for Game 6 and end this damn thing.

Now hopefully we can get the Captain back for Game 6 and end this damn thing.

Yeah, what's the prognosis for getting Sal and Langs back? Are we in any position to be hopeful, or is it just a pipe-dream? Personally, I don't see how you can take Greener out of the line up after tonight. If anything, yank that douche bag Havelid for Sal before you take Greene. Thoughts?

I still got scared watching the highlights.

I still got scared watching the highlights.

:lol:

I've been meaning to ask, are you the same mouse who comments at 2MA?

Yeah, what's the prognosis for getting Sal and Langs back? Are we in any position to be hopeful, or is it just a pipe-dream? Personally, I don't see how you can take Greener out of the line up after tonight. If anything, yank that douche bag Havelid for Sal before you take Greene. Thoughts?

Don't know about Langs, but Sal sounded optimistic as per TG yesterday. Greene has to stay in after tonight.

:lol:

I've been meaning to ask, are you the same mouse who comments at 2MA?

Yeah, I can multitask!

I think I aged a couple of years watching that game. Amazing game by #30.

In a few years, scores of Devils and Hurricanes fans will suddenly drop dead of heart-related ailments, and doctors will point back to this series, saying that it literally took years off the end of many fans lives.

Please if one of you find those heart pills please share. I was on my feet for those last two minintes. This was EXACTLY the kind of game we needed, take their best and just completely shut them down. Marty answered the call alright, that was a showcase. Whole defense played well, Power Play looked good, Offense did too, Ward was just a brick wall all night. So happy about this, and even happier that Pittsburg has to play another game as well, thank you Flyers. Lets end this get some rest and get ready for round 2.

Don't know about Langs, but Sal sounded optimistic as per TG yesterday. Greene has to stay in after tonight.

Yeah, I can multitask!

Good to know! I didn't think there could be many Devils fans out there calling themselves mouse. :lol:

In a few years, scores of Devils and Hurricanes fans will suddenly drop dead of heart-related ailments, and doctors will point back to this series, saying that it literally took years off the end of many fans lives.

The Hurricanes have fans? You sure about this? The NASCAR race wasn't just sold out so people wandered to the stadium in some Dawn of the Dead type sh!t?

Looking at the replay again, the interference call on Brodeur was 100% BS. LaRose lost control trying to get around Oduya -- BEFORE he made contact with Marty. Marty PLAYED THE PUCK before LaRose hit him! It can't possibly be interference on Marty. That's as clear-cut a blown call as they get. That should've been either a no call, or a trip on LaRose, depending on whether or not you want to call it incidental. Maybe the zebras' union put the word out to get back on Marty...

Edited by David Puddy

Awesome game! Boy, that was tense. Marty was possessed tonight, and showed why he's the best ever. He's consistently been the Devils' best player this series - he was out of his mind last game too and the crap at the end just made sure he wasn't gonna let anything past him tonight.

And oh, by the way, he ties Roy's playoff shutout record with the one he got tonight.

Watching Sutter's press conference is torture.

SPot on! Too bad he hasn't gotten to that class at the Devils. I would think Lou would want him to be a tad bit better speaker, but then again... if they win it all does it really matter?

SPot on! Too bad he hasn't gotten to that class at the Devils. I would think Lou would want him to be a tad bit better speaker, but then again... if they win it all does it really matter?

Well, I could just not watch it. Half the problem is the stupid questions.

"Is that cut on Marty's leg getting infected going to be a concern?" Seriously?!?!

Well, I could just not watch it. Half the problem is the stupid questions.

"Is that cut on Marty's leg getting infected going to be a concern?" Seriously?!?!

i liked when sutter put down that one guys question ( i forgot what it was) and he was like well shanny plays on a line with madden and pandolfo

Holy sh!t, my heart is STILL pounding!! I said Marty needed to steal this game- and boy did he ever do it! This was a CLASSIC goaltending performance by both guys. But one thing is certain my friends: don't EVER piss off Marty Brodeur. Because you will pay dearly for it! Let's close these bastards out on Sunday!! LET'S GO DEVILS BABY!!

i liked when sutter put down that one guys question ( i forgot what it was) and he was like well shanny plays on a line with madden and pandolfo

It was Fischler who asked him that, too.