greene

ice dog

he has an opportunity here to really step up and make a difference in this series.

people may think he is somewhat of a pansy...lol; I actually think he has more to offer than mottau or havelid.

They need to stick him on the second power play unit, mottau simply does not have the shot to warrant a spot there.

there have been numerous times this series where the devils have blown easy chances to clear the defensive zone that have resulted in goals.

lets hope greene is ready to play.

he has an opportunity here to really step up and make a difference in this series.

people may think he is somewhat of a pansy...lol; I actually think he has more to offer than mottau or havelid.

They need to stick him on the second power play unit, mottau simply does not have the shot to warrant a spot there.

there have been numerous times this series where the devils have blown easy chances to clear the defensive zone that have resulted in goals.

lets hope greene is ready to play.

As show by his inability to stay in the lineup for even one full season....

Geeze, what does Mike have to do to earn the respect of this fanbase vs. a guy who had 3 good offensive games this year and a good 10 game run 2 years ago but since then has done nothing but make mistakes?

I don't hate the guy, but people have long memories with him for some reason.

Mottau has stepped up this postseason:

1.) Opening goal of the series, keep in zone, nice deke, shot from point. Momentum begins Devils way...

2.) Devils down 3 - 0, beautiful pass up ice to Gio, score , momentum turns from "game over" to "still hope"....

Really, what more do you want from a .5K guy on 5/6 depth chart?

Geeze, what does Mike have to do to earn the respect of this fanbase vs. a guy who had 3 good offensive games this year and a good 10 game run 2 years ago but since then has done nothing but make mistakes?

1.) Opening goal of the series, keep in zone, nice deke, shot from point. Momentum begins Devils way...

2.) Devils down 3 - 0, beautiful pass up ice to Gio, score , momentum turns from "game over" to "still hope"....

/agrreed

i don't hate mottau, i think he is a decent third pairing NHL player.

he just has no business being on the 2nd power play unit...

i'm just stating that with salvador gone, greene has an opportunity to make an impact.

like it or not he's in the lineup...

yes greene in the past has been sketchy, i was pissed when he was given ice time over the "Freight Train from the Ukraine" early in the series last year against the raggots.

The devils were getting pushed around and there was a real nasty physical edge...

as of now the series against carolina does not have that physical element found in a Devils/Rangers(Flyers) series...

Greene may be able to bring some spark to the 2nd power play unit...

and let's face it mottau's goal had eyes...he has the shot of an eight year old girl.

Greene's a no brainer to replace Mottau on the second power play.

Edited by ice dog