Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZZPop91519

country music anyone?

16 posts in this topic

i think i know what the answer's gonna be,

but anyone else hear listen to country music?

I like country...

Eric Church, Joey and Rory, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans and others.

Modern day, mainstream country music is one of the greatest abominations of a musical genre ever.

Modern day, mainstream country music is one of the greatest abominations of a musical genre ever.

+1

gimme Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Soggy Bottom Boys though and I'm good...

Yes.

I love Johnny Cash and Gram Parsons and the older outlaw country. I even dig certain country from the late 80s & early 90s - Garth Brooks, Reba MacEntire (Fancy is one of the greatest songs ever written, hands down)...I grew up on that stuff because of my parents, so while I didn't love it at the time, I can respect it now. The stuff that's out there nowadays, Toby Keith and Gretchen Wilson and crap like that...ugh.

LIving in the South I have no choice but to listen at times. One thing about country music videos.... some of the women are absolute babes, much more then with any other genre.

I don't like nor deslike it. No... no.. much for the contrary

Edited by Cachorro Louco

LIving in the South I have no choice but to listen at times. One thing about country music videos.... some of the women are absolute babes, much more then with any other genre.

Damn straight!

I like country...

Eric Church, Joey and Rory, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans and others.

ok so at least i have one other person here

better than i thought i'd do actually.

can i just ask everyone a question:

what is it that you don't like about today's country?

Johnny Cash is an American badass. Great country music.

Walk the Line is a great movie and Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon singing are really impressive.

When "Walk the Line" came out, I was intrigued so I went out and bought a "Best of" CD to see if I liked Johnny Cash. I'm in the process of deleting the entirety. Outside of covers and "Ring of Fire" and maybe "I Walk the Line" name a good Cash song. Even hits like "A Boy Named Sue" does nothing for me.

The only country music I listen to is Reba. I have lots of Reba in my iTunes library. That and Tanya Tucker (Down to my Last Teardrop, Two Sparrows in a Hurricane, couple others...). Oh, and some consider Anne Murray country. :)

Nothing wrong with Country music. :clap:

Brad Paisley is my favorite among all (have every CD). But I do like most of the genre. Besides above in concert, I've also seen Toby Keith & Neal McCoy.

Nothing wrong with Country music. :clap:

thank you B )

Brad Paisley is my favorite among all (have every CD). But I do like most of the genre. Besides above in concert, I've also seen Toby Keith & Neal McCoy.

toby's awesome live. i've see him twice. and i've seen Keith Urban twice, he's my favorite, Kenny Chesney and Montgomery Gentry once, and like all their opening acts, Gary Allen, Leann Rimes, the Wreckers, Miranda Lambert, Trailor Choir

i really wanna see Brad too

I like Taylor Swift on mute...........does that count?

hahahaha NO