country music anyone?

ZZPop91519

Modern day, mainstream country music is one of the greatest abominations of a musical genre ever.

Yes.

I love Johnny Cash and Gram Parsons and the older outlaw country. I even dig certain country from the late 80s & early 90s - Garth Brooks, Reba MacEntire (Fancy is one of the greatest songs ever written, hands down)...I grew up on that stuff because of my parents, so while I didn't love it at the time, I can respect it now. The stuff that's out there nowadays, Toby Keith and Gretchen Wilson and crap like that...ugh.

I like country...

Eric Church, Joey and Rory, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans and others.

ok so at least i have one other person here

better than i thought i'd do actually.

can i just ask everyone a question:

what is it that you don't like about today's country?

When "Walk the Line" came out, I was intrigued so I went out and bought a "Best of" CD to see if I liked Johnny Cash. I'm in the process of deleting the entirety. Outside of covers and "Ring of Fire" and maybe "I Walk the Line" name a good Cash song. Even hits like "A Boy Named Sue" does nothing for me.

The only country music I listen to is Reba. I have lots of Reba in my iTunes library. That and Tanya Tucker (Down to my Last Teardrop, Two Sparrows in a Hurricane, couple others...). Oh, and some consider Anne Murray country. :)

Nothing wrong with Country music. :clap:

thank you B )

Brad Paisley is my favorite among all (have every CD). But I do like most of the genre. Besides above in concert, I've also seen Toby Keith & Neal McCoy.

toby's awesome live. i've see him twice. and i've seen Keith Urban twice, he's my favorite, Kenny Chesney and Montgomery Gentry once, and like all their opening acts, Gary Allen, Leann Rimes, the Wreckers, Miranda Lambert, Trailor Choir

i really wanna see Brad too