NYGDevils32

Oduya and Martin

15 posts in this topic

How about the preformance of Johnny Oduya and Paul Martin in this series, especially last night? Oduya has been the poke checking master so far, and blocking great chances. Martin has been shooting a lot lately on the PP, he also has been great on the kill, but the thing that stood out to me the most was when he took the puck coast to coast with under 45 seconds last night right after the Canes had a few great chances.

Both defensemen are starting to look like playoff veterans out there, helping Marty out and the offense as well.

Oduya was incredible last night (so is his playoff beard), we definitely need to lock him up after the season.

At least offensively I think Martin has picked it up a notch. He has been impressive, meaning I wish we saw more of it during the Reg. Season.

I remember last year Martin played very well against the Rags during the playoffs. I think its pretty safe to say that he deals with pressure very well.

I remember last year Martin played very well against the Rags during the playoffs. I think its pretty safe to say that he deals with pressure very well.

Hi noobie! :hi:

(better njdevil26? <_< )

I think Martin is probably the most underrated player on this team. He played nearly 30 minutes a game the last 2 games.

martin has always been solid. johnny o used to scare me on the ice, he would make huge mistakes and then rush back to cover it with his speed. this whole season he has turned the corner and is now a very solid blueliner.

Oduya was incredible last night (so is his playoff beard)

I demand a high res pic of it.

I think Martin is probably the most underrated player on this team. He played nearly 30 minutes a game the last 2 games.

You could go as far as most underated in the league. The least talked about top 20 defensemen in the league. Look at all these Olympic projected lineups. Most of them don't even include Martin at all yet you see Orpik ( :rofl: ), Corvo, Gilbert on a few.

Hi noobie! :hi:

(better njdevil26? <_< )

haha thanks for the warm welcome, but i have already been on these boards but i forgot my password for my old name

I remember when everybody hated Oduya's guts.

Put me down as someone who has never hated anything related to Johnny Oduya.

Put me down as someone who has never hated anything related to Johnny Oduya.

Neither have I. I kept defending him, and then he scored that beautiful goal against Carolina last year, and that's when people in another Devils' forum realized he is a good player.

Oduya deserved being ripped for the second half of his first season and his first half of his second season. You could see the physical skills that he possessed but his actual play was pretty crap at the the time. I defended his being in the lineup while acknowledging that he wasn't playing well.