GDT 4/28 Carolina vs New Jersey-Game 7.

Neutral Zone Trap

I can't believe what just happened there. Who was the d-man that wasn't watching the back door on the tying goal? OMG I seriously feel horribly sick. I don't understand what happened in that last minute or so. I really hope our team can fix any mistakes we have in the offseason and start 2009-2010 on a good foot. I really don't want to go through all of the injuries we had again. Now I'll look forward to the Finals, the Draft and seeing what Lou and the Devils will do on July 1st.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure it's bailing as much as being an astute guesser as to when its time for someone to move on. (Think of the Red Sox cutting bait with Pedro Martinez) I love the guy for all he's done but between the mileage on his body and the fact that he's accomplished probably everything he's wanted to (except Con Smythe)-I think if he waives his no trade and we can get a bunch of picks/ talented hungry young players, it's something to think about.

That said I don't see it happening.

This game is horrible and the choke is too but I don't think it should be thought about. He made the decision to stay and took a detroit level discount to do it. Upgrade that no name D and if we get the same result, then we'll talk again.

Today was my birthday, I was having a great birthday, I got a new phone and then the rangers lost and i thought all i needed to make this an awesome birthday was for the devils to win. This loss just made this one of the worst birthdays ive had in a while.

Wrong. even if Marty isnt the answer they have a top notch prospect in Jeff Frazee.

And its reality check time, even though it stings and yes it stings for sure; Marty has brought us to the playoffs every year since the nineties. he will be back next year and hopefully 100% healthy

I've watched Marty since 1993,man was I lucky to have there in his prime (the cup years) the fact is Marty is slowing down with age,10 years ago he would have stood on his Head and won this game.He does not do that anymore,He can't.He is the Best goalie the NHL has ever seen.I'm Proud of all he has done for this team and the fans,but come next year you well see he is not our future. FYI It was not Marty,but Clemmer that got us here this year.Devil Fans we well not see a Cup here in jersey for a very long time.

Here's an idea. Let's get Carey Price. Montreal obviously doesn't want him.

Yes,and the reason is HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anger probably talking here but its time for Lou to pony up an get real dman. Souray asked for a trade from edmonton, get it done Lou. He is a leader, had a GOOD plus minus this years, has a cannon of a shot and e s someone who can run the god damn power play!!! A real big dman.

Anger probably talking here but its time for Lou to pony up an get real dman. Souray asked for a trade from edmonton, get it done Lou. He is a leader, had a GOOD plus minus this years, has a cannon of a shot and e s someone who can run the god damn power play!!! A real big dman.

food for though, if this was pre-lockout, the devils would of trapped game 2 and 4

+/- is an overrated stat.

Why am I not surprised that Souray44 wants us to go out and get Sheldon Souray as a solution to all our problems...

Call me crazy, but you seem rather "partial" to this Souray character... Hmm... Very suspicious! ;)

Give me your idea for a trade.

Call me crazy, but you seem rather "partial" to this Souray character... Hmm... Very suspicious! ;)

LOL I said it was anger talking LOL. It makes me feel better to say it. Yes I want it to happen but it probably won't. Just food for thought :)

Gotta think of an idea for a trade :)

Just got back from the game; not sure what to say or what to do at this point....

I threw my towel after the tying goal and some kid was nice enough to give it back to me. After the 4th goal I made sure to throw it much farther.

In all seriousness though, the way the Devils were playing against the Hurricanes, I did not expect them to get out of the second round anyways. They played with no urgency and were not aggressive in either end. Someone forgot to tell the team they were in the playoffs, Marty included. He dragged his padded ass on the ice last playoffs and did not do much better this year round. Let in quite a few softies, including but not limited to the first and last goals of today's game. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is our main guy, but now more than ever we need better D around him. Anyways, tonight's loss was a shock to the system, I think the pain will set in tomorrow.

P.S. I apologize if my towel landed on someone's head. Then again, all of section 230 threw their towels....lol

Edited by Biggie B

My wife is balling still and I am too shocked to cry. That will come in the days ahead.

I should've bought stock in Kleenex today and sold it tomorrow. I think their will be a ton of tissue sales after the Ranger fans get done "boo-hoo-ing". Priceless I should say.