Post Season Poll

Elias26

Post Season Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for the Devils and Marty to part ways?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Langs be Captain next year?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should the Devils rebuild?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Should the Devils look for a new coach?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Should the Devils look for a new GM?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Should the Devils re-sign Madden?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Should the Devisl re-sign Gio?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. What players do you never want to see play for the Devils again? (multiple choice)

• Marty
    • Zubrus
    • Pando
    • Rolston
    • Madden
    • White
    • Salvador
    • Oduya
    • Mottau
    • Havelid
    • Langenbrunner
    • Zajac
    • Greene
    • Clemmensen
    • Weekes
    • Clarkson
    • Elias
    • Martin
    • Rupp
    • Parise
    • Gionta

1. I wish there was a maybe option, the team's philosophy on success and how winning hockey is played HAS to be factored into it.. if nothing else is going to change the "no block shots so I can whiff on them when it counts" plan is gonna fail every time (not to mention... why the HELL do you go get a good shot blocker in Havelid when shot blocking is frowned upon?!?!?)

2. no doubt, you can't pin this on Jamie and Captaincy is overrated anyway

3. No, the pieces are here, the team is DAMN CLOSE... but it's general hockey outlook need be changed

4. Again, maybe... if he EVER matches lines again like that he should be shot, what happened to best players vs best players?? This goes back to outlook on successful hockey

5. No, but Lou is getting old... it is time for "less is more" from Lou

6. Yes, 2 mil for 2 years, you're our 4th line center and faceoff guy... deal with it or get outta here

7. I would hope so, but someone will likely overpay him

You should rephrase the question "Should the Devils rebuild?".

"Do you want the Devils to be the next Islanders?" should be the question. I think people forget the consequences of rebuilding. I do not want to spend a whole season with a paper bag over my head.

Edited by eaglejelly

Really? I thought they hit Cam Ward consistently.

I don't really understand the Cam Ward love. He played well, don't get me wrong, but he didn't steal any games in this series. The Devils got to him but just seemed constantly find a way to bungle things in the end.

We really don't need to rebuild, only a few guys gotta go and a few news ones can fill their spots. 50 wins in the regular season doesn't make a team rebuild because they obviously have the talent to make a run in the playoffs... not including this year. Marty has another year to show what he has left, but I wouldn't be surprised if Clemm plays 25% of the games next season even with a healthy Broduer because he wins games. I say we need to sign Gio asap because he is young and has been great for us. I really wouldn't care if Madden left at this point, the only thing I would miss from him is his winning faceoffs skill. If I could choose which player I would never want to see play as a Devil anymore, I would pick Colin White. I believe he is dead weight and has been for a few years now. He gets way too many penalties, he does nothing on the offensive side and he flat out isn't a good defender.

Not a full rebuild, but not to go after a big time player... We will be inthe red with the cap next year, it's not worth it. Sign Gio, dump madden. Only becuase you can find a better 2 way center that is younger then madden. Ill take gio for Madden's 09' salary though. hahahaa

Henrik Sedin, or callmerii

Spacek ;]