The Movies thread!

CRASHER

Alright, so it's entirely not my type of movie, but The Hangover looks hilarious based on the trailer they just showed on Versus.

It's clearly because of Mike Tyson rocking out to In The Air Tonight.

The rest of it looks funny as well.

That was the finisher... and the OH MY GOD I NEED TO SEE THIS MOMENT!!!!

Makes you wanna mumble that song in his voice!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, so I'm definitely going to see Public Enemies.

And I'm not gonna lie, Harry Potter comes out. I'm going to the midnight showing like a 10 year old. Hahahaa

I love Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, so I'm definitely going to see Public Enemies.

And I'm not gonna lie, Harry Potter comes out. I'm going to the midnight showing like a 10 year old. Hahahaa

ahh i completely forgot about Harry Potter :D

Luckily for me, Tim Burton is nowhere near Public Enemies, making it worthwhile to see. Micheal Mann (Heat, Collateral) is direcitng this one, so I'm expecting a good time.

Alos, I agree that Johnny Depp is fantastic and Tim Burton is a visionary, but lately, together, they really fall flat. Charlie and the Choclate Factory? Sweeny Todd? Blech! Sorry guys, but you can't capture the magic of Edward Scissorhands on ever film you make.

I can watch the freaking Tyson scene for days on end!!!

Tyson singing = instant funny.

Not funny enough for me to run out and see the movie, but if it came on HBO I'd check it out. Looks like an entertaining premise. The trailer for Jack Black's "Year One", on the other hand... :puke:

Tyson singing = instant funny.

Not funny enough for me to run out and see the movie, but if it came on HBO I'd check it out. Looks like an entertaining premise. The trailer for Jack Black's "Year One", on the other hand... :puke:

Well I'll be sure to tell about it... the Hangover looks like the awesome!! Much like Role Models was!

OK, I was VERY unsure about seeing this one based on past butcheries of the Hulk and MORE so Transformers (even Superman to an extent)

BUT HOLD sh!t DID STAR TREK GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am highly impressed on how they rebooted the fracnhise while not only NOT sh!tting on the original but honoring it in the highest of ways!!!

Wolverine was pretty good. Just don't stay and watch what's after the credits like I did!

I'm not a fan of Star Trek at all, but if I was I would have thought the movie was excellent. Great casting, great cinematography, just not a Star Trek kinda guy...

I can't wait for Inglourious Basterds!!

...Random...but just saw Fight Club and American History X the first time the other night--WOW.

This is why I believe that, Incredible Hulk aside, Edward Norton is one of the best actors of our generation.

Go rent/download/Netflix queue/whatever The Illusionist. Great movie.

I completely agree.

I thought Ed Norton was this soft, puny dweep kind-of-guy. I have so much respect for this guy. He's such a great actor. I thought he was actually good in the Incredible Hulk--better than Eric Bana, at least.

I could watch Fight Club, American History X, and The Illusionist (mainly for Jessica Biel :boogie: ) all day.

This is why I believe that, Incredible Hulk aside, Edward Norton is one of the best actors of our generation.

All the performances in The Illusionist were excellent, IMO. Norton, Paul Giamatti, Jessica Biel -- and Rufus Sewall as Crown Prince Leopold was killer.

Just saw Star Trek and wow... great movie!!! Sadly, I don't think anything else this summer will be as good.

I used to think that Norton was one of the best too, but for me his last great performance was in 25th Hour and that's from 2002. For some reason I didn't like him in The Illusionist (probably the accent), and I hate him for playing in The Incredible Hulk.

Dammit, am I actually going have to see Star Trek now? Everybodty I talk to is raving about it, from Trekies to regular folks. I'm just not a big fan of the "Classic Franchise Regurgiation" that seems to be the trend nowadays.

As for Edward Norton, I don't know if I would say he's the best actor of our generation, but he's definately one of the most underrated. He's fantastic in everything he does, from Rounders to Death to Smoochy. I've never seen Hulk, but I'm sure that film was a pitch nobody could hit.

Dammit, am I actually going have to see Star Trek now? Everybodty I talk to is raving about it, from Trekies to regular folks. I'm just not a big fan of the "Classic Franchise Regurgiation" that seems to be the trend nowadays.

Yeah I wasn't happy with the idea... and still... I'm like... ok... so there's 2 different Star Trek universes now... but it makes sense and the way they did it was so EXCELLENTLY done (even with an old friend passing the torch ... to not give any spoilers)... it was as good as you can ask for it to be

and ALL the characters were damn true to the originals!

I like how Star Trek made an alternate universe to get rid of the discrepancies between the TV series and past movies. However I think there was one glitch that couldn't or shouldn't be explained away by an alternate universe. Viewers of the original TV series should note that Uhura couldn't have known 3 dialects of Romulan. Unless they explained it the TV series Enterprise (I didn't really watch it.) :P We first meet the Romulans when Kirk is already in command of the Enterprise. Am I showing my geekdom or what? :lol:

Saw Angels and Demons on Friday night and I liked it. Felt it was much better than Da Vinci Code. Ewen McGregor was really good in it.

Thoughts?

That was friggin weird :lol:

I thought Ewen McGregor was pretty good in it, I just couldn't quite get myself past the implausibility of the story. Of course, I should have just shut my brain off, ate my popcorn, and watched it as good summer entertainment, but...meh. Still liked it, but not as much as Da Vinci Code.

That was friggin weird :lol:

I thought Ewen McGregor was pretty good in it, I just couldn't quite get myself past the implausibility of the story. Of course, I should have just shut my brain off, ate my popcorn, and watched it as good summer entertainment, but...meh. Still liked it, but not as much as Da Vinci Code.

Yeah the story is crazy, so its tough to follow. It's really hard to make a movie of a great book like that. Brown's books are so detailed...

My wife and I rented the Changelings last night. It was really, really good. Angelina Joile was unreal!