The Movies thread!

CRASHER

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the trailer for Public Enemies before the movie, btw. Now I wanna see that too. And it's too cost-prohibitive for me to be seeing movies every damn week. Something's gonna have to wait 'til DVD.

you have a student ID yes??

there's a place in Union that does $5 movies on Tue-Thursday with ID!

you have a student ID yes??

there's a place in Union that does $5 movies on Tue-Thursday with ID!

Hmm. Interesting...I may have to check that out. Though Tuesday-Thursday are summer classes for the next month. And after that, hopefully, hockey. (BTW, if my Tuesday class is short since it's the first one, I'll swing by).

Hmm. Interesting...I may have to check that out. Though Tuesday-Thursday are summer classes for the next month. And after that, hopefully, hockey. (BTW, if my Tuesday class is short since it's the first one, I'll swing by).

Good man!! :thumbsup:

Just trying to help ya get yer movie fix

the place is a dump but it's worth $5

Yeah seriously, considering a spent $10 a pop on two tickets Friday night at Menlo.

Yeah same when I took my mom to Star Trek for Mother's Day

Yeah same when I took my mom to Star Trek for Mother's Day

I think it contributed to my not enjoying the movie as much as I wanted to...if I wanted to spend $20 to listen to people hacking up a lung, I'd have at least gone to a sh!tty country bar and got some drinks out of the deal.

I think it contributed to my not enjoying the movie as much as I wanted to...if I wanted to spend $20 to listen to people hacking up a lung, I'd have at least gone to a sh!tty country bar and got some drinks out of the deal.

you're not good at the "happy" thing are ya? :P

Saw Angels and Demons on Friday night and I liked it. Felt it was much better than Da Vinci Code. Ewen McGregor was really good in it.

Thoughts?

Yeah it was better than The Da Vinci Code but I still didn't like it that much. It's boring watching Tom Hanks (who definitely plays on auto-pilot) going from church to church to find clues. Also the climax was ridiculous. I heard in the book it's even more insane, but I haven't read it.

Yeah it was better than The Da Vinci Code but I still didn't like it that much. It's boring watching Tom Hanks (who definitely plays on auto-pilot) going from church to church to find clues. Also the climax was ridiculous. I heard in the book it's even more insane, but I haven't read it.

Yes the book it crazy. Give it a read, you will really like it.

Star Trek was pretty good. I don't think I've ever watched an episode of the old show, but I knew enough through pop culture BS to get a lot of references. One part toward the end had this older lady next to me sobbing her face off ... I guess that's something more for the big Trekkies.

Damned entertaining flick.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Drag Me to Hell at the midnight show. All I can say is that it was better than I expected. I had high expectations especially after seeing the high RT score it currently has, but the film as a whole just blew me away. Any Evil Dead fans will sh!t the bed at how great it is. As for everyone else, well I'm sure you'll have an awesome time too.

Edited by American_Psycho

Just saw Drag Me to Hell at the midnight show. *snip* Any Evil Dead fans will sh!t the bed at how great it is.

interesting, might have to give it a look see.

nothing like the Evil Dead films for some culture and laughs. :)

Saw Up on Friday and it a damn good movie. Perfect "date" movie as it's funny and lighthearted yet has some real depth to it. Nowhere near as good as Wall-E, but then again what amimated movie is?

I also saw it in 3-D...my reivew in a word? Don't spend the extra money. While having the extra depth for the long shots was nice, there was nothing overly 3-D about it. We didn't have a choice as we went with the intention to see Star Trek, didn't get there in time so we settled for 3-D Up, which was the only Up playing at 12:40 in the morning. :D

Also, I saw T-4 a couple of weeks ago and it was exactly what I expected...a good ol' fashioned action flick that was fine for what it was. As most have said about it, the best part of it for me was Sam Worthinhton's performance....easily the best of the film. His character was also excellently written. The rest of the cast was mediocre. Christian Bale was decent as John Connor (enough with the Batman voice, already...it was silly then, it's ridiculous now), and the female lead was just there, which was fine.

As for the plot, it's so twisted and convuluted, it's better to just not care. Take it for what it is and move on.

All in all, good, flick!

Just saw the Hangover... possibly the Funniest movie of ALL TIME!!!!! :boogie: :boogie:

The movie was great. but I did expect more from it. Anyway I just got a Look on a new movie from Brazil that promises be very controversial the title is " Do come

Went and saw the Hangover Sunday, effin hilarious and I dont usually like "stupid" movies like that....laughed the whole time..and yummy Bradley Cooper is effin hot!!

Andrew and I just saw The Hangover. It was freaking hysterical. Everyone should go see it. The credits were especially amazing. :thumbsup: