Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nieda

Nieds Card

14 posts in this topic

Yesterday I got my first Nieds hockey card and theres something special (or not, i dont know) .

On the front, his name is spelled wrong (SCOTT NEIDERMAYER) and I was wondering if anyone else has one like that.

Thanks

Jess

Yeah Jess. That's common. I might have one like that too around.

What kind of card is it and year?

I have one too and had a double I was going to give to you. Supposedly its a little more valuable because of that.

Its the rookie one where they're still in the Christmas jerseys and Brodeur (then #29) is in the background, right?

I think it's the O-Pee-Chee. Maybe I will check in a bit.

I have that card too. He looks so freakin' young.

I also have a Jay Pandolfo card with a picture of a very young Patrick Elias on the front and back. Elias appears to be wearing #20 but I can't confirm that he ever wore #20. The Devil sprogram I have says he has only worn #'s 24 and 26. Pando can't even get love from the card companies.

Its the NHL Pro Set card from 1991, #547. I have this one really corny card of Nieds where he is skating and holding a hockey stick, but wearing a suit and bow tie :lol:

Wcdf, its a Pando card but has Elias' picture? :huh: Elias used to wear #22 also.

Wcdf, its a Pando card but has Elias' picture? :huh: Elias used to wear #22 also.

Yeah, I emailed Beckett to get some input but the bastards never responded. I'll try and post it for you.

Eliascardfront.gif

Eliascardback.gif

I hope you can see these images. The pictures are a bit fuzzy. but if you look closely you can see Elias sewn onto the cuff of the glove.

I can see them. Thanks for scanning the pictures.

Its odd that they would make that mistake. I haven't heard/seen something that big before.

It's a pretty big goof up. I wonder if the players know? I would tease Pando if I was Patty.

Lol, if they knew, I'm sure he'd have fun with that one!

thanks..lol

I was hoping it'd be rare but I don;t care! hehehe my first nieds card...and it has a mistake!! hehehe cool!

i dunno what kinda card it is, but its 1991, its is rookie card, yah and it has #29.

hehehehe i lvoe niedermayer

thanks again