Game 1: Devils Vs Ottawa Game Thread

devilsrule33

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy that's a good smiley. Too bad you had to use it. Well hopefully Nieds is okay and can rest up for two days. Yank Tivo and Raf had better get his act together, too. A good comeback. Marty came back strong but the first goal was awful. Rethink and reconstruct, come back for a win Tuesday.

I'm more concerned with Niedermayer than the loss...

You're right.

Scott did not know where he was going after he came off the ice.

The trainer had to grab him by the jersey and steer him into the locker room.

Devils got a lot of good chances but didn't convert on them early.

When Niedermayer went down, I knew it was trouble.. that meant Tverdovsky instead of him, and 5 defenseman. I knew it would be exploited in OT, but I didn't expect it to happen that quickly.

Nieuwendyk scored a huge goal, shame it went to waste.

Brylin-Rheaume-Stevenson had a great game.

I guess the refs forgot to call a penalty on the Senators all game. Oh well.

Tverdovsky was wretched this game. I really don't know what happened to him. He is simply not cut out for playoff pressure. Malakhov was better. Oleg has the skates but not the head, and I don't understand how Russia consistently produces players like that.

Well, I missed the goal in OT because the aprtment across from ine caught on fire. It was a grease fire that caught the whole kitchen on fire. Myself, my friend and a neighbor cleared the rest on the building. The three of us with the help on the aprartments built in sprinklers were able to extinguish the fire. Our neighbot is 6 months pregnant, she had been cooking and the grease "blew up," she said. It sucks that the Devils lost but some things are more important than hockey.

first off i have to make a comment on steve levy and darren pang....otherwise known as paramecium and amoeba.....two gutless lower life forms .... DO THEY NOT FEEL SHAME FOR NOT EVEN ATTEMPTING TO CALL AN EVEN GAME???

-tivo was horrible. what i found funny though was it seemed that burns was giving him MORE ice time in the third period. daneyko also had a poor game, fumbling the puck away many times.

-both niedermayer and rafalski did not handle the puck well at all. rafalski looked nervous, fanning on passes several times. and typical niedermayer with the lazy intercepted passes.

-gionta is pretty much useless. burns has to look at putting in bicek or rupp or mckenzie for at least one game. put langenbrunner back with nieuwendyk, bump brylin up to madden's line and put mckenzie on the fourth line.

-for as bad as it feels now, i believe the devils will win the next game. if this is how the senators are going to play, the devils can absolutely beat them. the devils had more offensive chances in this game than in any other game they've played in the playoffs imo. they can (and will imo) go home with the split.

Yes.

Tverdovsky has no trade value.

Lou will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him.

He will work well on a team without a strictly defined defense-first mentality. He can do wonders with a lot of ice time, but he has become very limited as a Devil.

Gomez had a lot of good chances, he has to bury some of those.

And brylin, I thought Gionta had a very good game.

first off i have to make a comment on steve levy and darren pang....otherwise known as paramecium and amoeba.....two gutless lower life forms .... DO THEY NOT FEEL SHAME FOR NOT EVEN ATTEMPTING TO CALL AN EVEN GAME???

I thought I was the only one who noticed. I hope they don't do the rest of the series. I had to turn off the TV sound and watch the game 3 secs behind the radio feed. (I have satellite as I brought up the delay factor in a post a couple of weeks ago.)

The other thing was I have NEVER SEEN a penalized player be on the ice when he should be in the box! (Since I'm "bit older" ;) than the average poster on this board, I've been watching for some 40 odd years.) Those were same two refs who did the line change fiasco with Tampa. I hope they are taken out of the ref pool for the rest of the playoffs.

As for the game when you go into OT it's a crap shoot, but the odds increase in the other teams favor, when a player is left alone in the slot for a tap in!

Lastly that Sykora goal in OT in the Wild/ Duck game was one of the nicest goals I've seen! Just a great goal!

if you consider being knocked off the puck every time he even came close to it, and missing on a point blank shot in the opening minutes of the first period having a good game, yes he had an excellent game.

devils should consider playing smehlik.

I guess Rock and I are about the same age(older than most). But what do you expect from a league who, not only puts Van Hellemond in the hall of fame; but makes him head of refs' for the league. He's the reason holding and high sticking became so commonplace in the NHL. This is just the result of the evolution of accepted incompetence in pro officiating. Hell, how would you like to be watching the WWNBA or the WWNFL (talk about bad).

When you got an idiot like Campbell (commonly referred to by me as the Crossed-eyed Retard--er, that was on devilsnews.com) at the helm, what do you expect? Maybe he'll get a brain storm and bring back another clown like Hogarth!!!!

I find it funny that some of us are upset with Tver and wonder why he is playing.

Burns wasn't happy with Tver's play after his concussion or disagreement with Lou. Burns benched him a number of time to show his dissatisfaction.

The Devils had 7 defensemen including Ablelin. So Burns must not have been happy with Ablelin. I personally don't think he is so bad, slow maybe that's all.

Lou went out and trade for an defenseman to help. So the Devils could carry 8 defensemen. We know what he got Smehlik who has to be the worst of the 8.

So when Burns puts Tver on the ice, he must believe that Smehlik sticks like us and that Ablelin is too slow. so he doesn't have much choice in his opinion. I am not putting words into Burns mouth just looking at his actions and decisions.

So is this Tver's fault he ius on the ice? Burns fault for putting him there? Maybe there isn't any choice the devils have what they have a shakey at times defense.

I hope Nieder isn't out very long. He tends to stay out a lot if injured, like the Domi hit. he was out a lot of important games, of course if he is badly hurt he should be out. Anyway, that will effect the Devils defense negatively for a game or so if he is out. He didn't play that well last night either.

Tverdovsky screwed up so many times in the defensive zone, that I had to close my eyes when he was out there. He seems to follow the puck way too much, and hes seems uneasy throwing a check.

I dont think the defense was burned on speed last night, it was burned on bad breakout passes, I cant remember the count I was keeping of all the breakout passes the Sens picked off. Put Albelin in, slow the game down be defensively sound, and check Ottawa into submission.

And they did look VERY rusty, I had a feeling that was going to happen. Hopefully, next game theyll be back to their old selves.

And please, someone get Gionta some scoring skills, he alone could have won the game.

And Ottawa's defense did an amazing job yesterday. Patrik Elias wasnt free for a second, I think they should put Brylin in with Elias and Gomez, he himself generated half of our offense.

Gotta leave that fourth line alone Scotty, they *will* get some goals if they are allowed to dominate like they did last night.

Albelin's bad at the breakout pass, but he can chip the puck off the boards well.. Tverdovsky always ices it.

Says in the Record today that Tverdovsky spent more than 10 minutes with Robinson going through that last play.

He's still very panicky with the puck and he has a hard time taking it away from anyone.