Lou Lamoriello E-Mailed Me!!!

Colin226

Many years ago I wrote Lou a letter asking him to retire Daneyko's number and he wrote me back saying to be patient and gave the letter to Daneyko who showed up at my work with the letter himself to say thank you in person.

• Like 5

Thanks for all of your info guys! I can assure you all that this isn't hate mail, I'd never do that to Mr. Lamoriello (Unless he trades Elias).

I'll be sure to write the letter out by hand as well as type it and I'll let you all see the response if I get one, thanks again.

P.S. I haven't been on this forum in a while, at least a year, it feels good to be back on a forum and having real, thought out conversations instead of having discussions via facebook statuses with other Devils fans.

I wrote to the generic Devils office address and put Lou Lamoriello C/O New Jersey Devils.

devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41807

Mailing Address: New Jersey Devils Prudential Center 165 Mulberry St. Newark, NJ 07102

That should do it. Make sure to write one copy by hand for him.

Also don't forget to include the free sandwich at panera voucher.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who gets a little pissed off at the idea of the Devils receiving hate mail after a bad loss?

I mean, sure, we're all disappointed.  But who the hell thinks to themselves "You know what would make this whole situation better?  If I wrote management, which had no direct control over what happened on the ice, a real nasty letter.  That'd show em!".

People are so stupid sometimes.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I got a letter from him in the mail when I applied for ticket salesman. Not enough experience. And then I got a job in guest services as an usher a few months later. I met him 3 times in the building. He gave me a funny look one time when he saw me walking with a wheel chair and asked if it was for yogi who was coming to a game, and I asked who, and he goes "yogi berra...played baseball....". But my neighbors name is yogi too :(

I got a letter from him in the mail when I applied for ticket salesman. Not enough experience. And then I got a job in guest services as an usher a few months later. I met him 3 times in the building. He gave me a funny look one time when he saw me walking with a wheel chair and asked if it was for yogi who was coming to a game, and I asked who, and he goes "yogi berra...played baseball....". But my neighbors name is yogi too :(

HAHAHA. That could be an entire Seinfeld episode right there. Unfortunately I think that means you'd have to be George.

LOL talk about awkward.. if you dont mind me asking ive always wondered what the ushers got paid? along with like the people who pour beer at the stands.. couldnt imagine it being much

LOL talk about awkward.. if you dont mind me asking ive always wondered what the ushers got paid? along with like the people who pour beer at the stands.. couldnt imagine it being much

I get $12. I like to see it as one shift a month pays my phone bill. 3 shifts pays my phone bill and car insurance, and so on. So for me it's just a bill paying job and not a living expense. Most of the employees count on it as their only means of income. I don't know what the beer people get paid, that's a whole separate thing. Theres guest services (me) run by the devils themselves, then theres food, security, and cleanup that are all separate.

Many years ago I wrote Lou a letter asking him to retire Daneyko's number and he wrote me back saying to be patient and gave the letter to Daneyko who showed up at my work with the letter himself to say thank you in person.

That is crazy.  How soon before the actual retiring of the jersey was this?  Was it a matter of retiring it before Stevens?  I know a lot of people that would have liked 3 before 4 because he was a lifetime Devil.