carliona or penguins

USAkid90

Carolina...if they win the cup then we can say we only lost to the best by fluke.

Why would you call Marty a fish? :evil:

I'm hoping for a Pens/Wings rematch. I think that would be the most interesting Stanley Cup situation...

Why would you call Marty a fish? :evil:

I'm hoping for a Pens/Wings rematch. I think that would be the most interesting Stanley Cup situation...

Chicago-Detroit could shape up to be quite a series.

The NHL must be ecstatic right now... Caps-Pens, and now the 2 Winter Classic teams in the Conference finals. Its win-win in the finals for the league if Carolina goes down.

But remember... when the Devils and Canes play, the winner goes to the finals...

I hope all the Canes players pull their groins getting on the plane to Pittsburgh and lose 4 straight 10-0.

I'll get no satisfaction if the Canes win the Cup, it doesn't make our loss to them better. Yea, I'm a crappy fan.

I'll root for the Canes and I HATE THEM!

But...Pitt stole Mario from the Devs and I can and will never forgive them. That in #66's era we won more cups than Pitt is no consolation. Stealing Lemieux took fans and a perception away from NJ. I believe NJ would be more of a hockey hotbed if Lemieux played here.

Pitt gets their ass kissed about being a great hockey town, but they needed to steal a legend to save the team ONCE and then needed to have the NHL rig the lottery (why wasn't the drawing live on TV?)to get Crosby to save them again. I know we're not the best fan base in the NHL but they DO NOT deserve the hype they get for being a hockey town. It seems they only come out when they have a "STAR"

I will be very down if/when Pitt ties us in cups won.

So it's the canes for me, because at least the Canes beat us on the ice.

(The downside is that people could infer we were better then we were because we lost to the finalists. We're not that good we need help! IMO)

Actually, I watched the drawing live on the internet. Couldn't believe Anaheim almost pulled him out of a hat.

No, not destroyed. When they're about to clinch (with a 3-2 series lead and a 4-3 lead in game 6), detroit ties it with .00000000000000000000001 seconds left on the clock. Then, in game 7, the Canes have a 19.5 to -1 lead with a minute twenty to go, and the wings score 20 goals in 80 seconds, Eric Staal then commits suicide, and Jonni Pitkanen is suspended for throwing punches during the handshakes. The whole team is then changed BACK into the Hartford Whalers, where they endure 29 straight years of seasons with less than 7 wins.

that works too.

No, not destroyed. When they're about to clinch (with a 3-2 series lead and a 4-3 lead in game 6), detroit ties it with .00000000000000000000001 seconds left on the clock. Then, in game 7, the Canes have a 19.5 to -1 lead with a minute twenty to go, and the wings score 20 goals in 80 seconds, Eric Staal then commits suicide, and Jonni Pitkanen is suspended for throwing punches during the handshakes. The whole team is then changed BACK into the Hartford Whalers, where they endure 29 straight years of seasons with less than 7 wins.

All on a potential goaltender interference call.

I hate Carolina! But hey, as Devils fans, we have to hope they at least win the East so we can say that we bowed out to the Eastern Conference Champs...no?

All it means is we came within 0:00.2 + 1:20 from BEING the Eastern Conference Champs.

So it's the canes for me, because at least the Canes beat us on the ice.

(The downside is that people could infer we were better then we were because we lost to the finalists. We're not that good we need help! IMO)

If that's true, doesn't that mean Carolina's not that good and they need help too? I'm sure a lot of people here could get on board with that, but think about it for a minute or two before answering.

Let's Go HAWKS!!!

But to be honest... I hate the Pens more than the Canes.

Sure I'm bitter that Carolina has our number especially in the playoffs. And I could say I wouldn't mind so much if the Staal family's tractor had its tires slashed...

But damn that team is determined and will never give up. I give mad props for that.

+1

My sentiments, exactly.

You don't get that close to beating the canes by not being good. We had a very good team that underachieved in the playoffs. There was really no reason for the Devils to lose that series, and that's whats so disturbing about being out right now. In the 7th game of the devil/cane series, both teams showed who they were, while I was impressed that the canes were able to do what they did with their season on the line in the last minute, the Devils were more impressive for 50 min of that game, and really should have been up 4-2/ 5-2 with 1:20 left in that game. Its just a shame, we'll never know what this team was capable of if the Devils could have just finished the canes off.

You don't get that close to beating the canes by not being good. We had a very good team that underachieved in the playoffs. There was really no reason for the Devils to lose that series, and that's whats so disturbing about being out right now. In the 7th game of the devil/cane series, both teams showed who they were, while I was impressed that the canes were able to do what they did with their season on the line in the last minute, the Devils were more impressive for 50 min of that game, and really should have been up 4-2/ 5-2 with 1:20 left in that game. Its just a shame, we'll never know what this team was capable of if the Devils could have just finished the canes off.

+1

All it means is we came within 0:00.2 + 1:20 from BEING the Eastern Conference Champs.

If that's true, doesn't that mean Carolina's not that good and they need help too? I'm sure a lot of people here could get on board with that, but think about it for a minute or two before answering.

No,I want Carolina to feel the same pain we felt,lets not give them anymore Bragging Right's.

I post frequently on DBR, a duke basketball fan forum... and found this hilarious.. which pretty much sums up the Carolina fanbase.. from an "avid" canes fan...

"Great overtime win for the Hurricanes tonight over the Bostons. Great game, great series! We dominated!

Next up - the great Dennis Crosby and the reigning Cup Champ Pittsburgh Penguins. A tough assignment, but so were Boston and New Jersey.

Go Canes! "

Ask him what his favorite inning was in Game 7.

Who the **** do we root for???

:evilcry:

I just hope both of those teams go to game 7 in like 10 overtimes while there being destroyed and somehow someone wins..

Fvck Carolina and the horse they rode in on.

As much as I have no love for Sid the Kid and Maryo, I don't want Carolina winning the East.

Nope.

:evilcry::puke::rant::angry::(