Has anyone else gotten this email

DuffMan4027

A few days ago I received an email asking me to take a survey about the devils and my viewing habits of games, whether it be on tv, the radio of in person at the rock. I took 15 minutes and filled out the survey, no big deal. then today i get this email

Dear Devils fan --

Thank you so much for your enduring support of the New Jersey Devils. Though the playoffs did not quite end the way any of us would have liked, we had a season full of many highlights that made each game at Prudential Center memorable.

- Marty Brodeur reaching and exceeding the all-time mark of 552 wins -- all in a New Jersey Devils uniform.

- Patrik Elias surpassing the Devils all-time scoring mark.

- The Devils setting an all-time season wins record.

- The Devils continuing to share the longest current streak in professional sports -- now at 17 consecutive winning seasons.

- And, with your help, the Devils setting a new attendance record at Prudential Center.

As an organization, we continue to strive for excellence both on the ice during games, and off the ice in our arena. We now have a great home for Jersey's team at Prudential Center in Newark. I believe it is the preeminent arena in professional sports and I hope you agree.

In addition to your continued support that you give our team every season, I hope to be able to call on you to assist us in making the Devils' home in Newark even stronger. Frankly, we need your help to make sure New Jersey fully supports Prudential Center. It won't cost you a penny, but your assistance would be worth a great deal to the Devils. If you are interested in learning how you can help us in accomplishing our goal of building a more established community for our Devils and our arena, simply click here to email me back and we will be in touch. Now is the time for the Devils Legion to rally around "The Rock" and we hope you'll join us.

Thank you again for your continued support of your New Jersey Devils. You are what makes this team great, and we cannot thank you enough for your dedication and enthusiasm.

Best,

Jeff Vanderbeek

I clicked the attached link and it prompted me to send an email to an address that sounded real and not a customer service or fan response email. I do not want to post the email here just in case it actually is an email that Mr. Vanderbeek uses and checks. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten this email or heard anything about what this is about.

I filled out the survey but did not receive the e-mail.

I wonder if they're trying to get people to contact their government representatives to support closing the Izod Center, as that seems to be an option being pursued by some officials and would definitely help The Rock in terms of non-Devils bookings (how in god's name the Izod Center can still get big-name rock concerts but The Rock can attract American Idols Live and nothing else astonishes me...I know it has to do with the companies running each arena and established contacts and such, but still - the summer schedule at The Rock is WEAK.)

I wonder if they're trying to get people to contact their government representatives to support closing the Izod Center, as that seems to be an option being pursued by some officials and would definitely help The Rock in terms of non-Devils bookings (how in god's name the Izod Center can still get big-name rock concerts but The Rock can attract American Idols Live and nothing else astonishes me...I know it has to do with the companies running each arena and established contacts and such, but still - the summer schedule at The Rock is WEAK.)

Bigger arena at cheaper cost... it's really almost a no-brainer no matter how much a pit that it may be

Bigger arena at cheaper cost... it's really almost a no-brainer no matter how much a pit that it may be

and the live nation deal too. honestly, both places summer schedules blow ass. IZOD has more high profile things, but isn't exactly overloaded with bookings.

as for the letter, it's obviously some kind of street team activity. either at the mundane level of guerilla PR with the papers and media and such, or (hopefully not) at the political level. I really don't see the point of that now because you're not going to even have a govenor established until November. Unless it's to support a particular candidate, which would be about as bad as it could get.

My guess is this is gonna be political, because unfortunately that's what could make or break the Rock. I'm sure they're going to want us to call local politicians and tell them to support Newark, the Prudential Center, and "Jersey's team" rather than the dump in the swamp run by the corrupt NJSEA that houses a team that's going to bolt as soon as they can. It's like those ads that always seem to show up around election time that don't support a political candidate but say "Soandso wants to cut hospital funding and voted to allow seven year olds to be tazered. Call him now and tell him you won't stand for it."

I'm sure Vanderbeek doesn't want to end up working with the NJSEA as is rumored and would rather put them out of the entertainment business altogether and he needs our help. I don't think this is gonna be some silly thing where we poster college campuses and telephone poles with Devils ads. I emailed them back, we'll see what happens. Vanderbeek is awesome and deserves some help with this, otherwise we'd be filling out online petitions to get the NHL back in New Jersey.

Edited by skeeter

Yes all the Devils STH and if you are registered to receive emails from the Devils, I believe got the email from Jeff Vanderbeek's assistant . I got it last week and got almost the same response.

corrected

Edited by overtime98

I filled out the survey but did not receive the e-mail.

Hey, Metallica absolutely owned the Rock for two nights earlier in the year :P

Does anyone even know if this is real? I mean, it starts out with "Dear Devils fan," which is not personalized at all. The email sounds very general. If you look through your email/spam, you will notice spam is very general while email from real companies that you are associated with say things like "Dear Mr./Mrs. (your name),"

Hope everything works out for all of you. Keep me updated on what happens next!

It appears we are getting the replies from Mr. Vanderbeek.

Thank you for your response and willingness to support your New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center, and for your feedback and thoughts on how to make our home even better. I will be calling on you shortly to help us ensure New Jersey