Holik To Retire

DougieBrown

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he was good, he was good. Knowing when it's time to step down is a rare thing. Good Luck Mr. Holik. Your hilarious sound bytes and hard checking will be missed.

Edited by britoon

Thank you for everything bobby. He was truly a great devil. He gave us all great memories and he went out the way he should've...in a Devil uniform. Your the best Holik, good luck with your future endeavors.

Bobby is one of those players who, to me, is just a Devil through and through. He has the right attitude, and he wears that jersey like he belongs in it. I'm glad he ended his career in NJ and all the best to him at home. Thanks Bobby.

I still remember seeing Bobby all the time at the jewelry store down the street from me in Caldwell.. I guess he was in the dog house as much as the penalty box.. I'll miss him!

yea my mom used to see him all the time at Kings in West Caldwell

guess that won't be happening anymore

all the best Bobby

thanks for the memories

I figured he'd retire after last year. He was always entertaining, and I have better memories of him from years ago than I do of last year, but it still is a shame to see him retire. Hope he has a nice retirement.

That's a surprise, he must know something we don't know like the Devils won't make enough quality changes off season to win a cup next season or get into the finals.

Best wishes Bobby you had a great run considering two cups, being a captain and making lots of money all good moves and now another one being with the family.

I don't think anything the Devils were going to do next year had anything to do with his decision to retire. He knew it was over for him last year, he was benched for much of the playoffs save for when Langenbrunner was out and he wasn't contributing much to the team near the end of the season. Its not likely that the Devils would have re-signed him anyways and I doubt very much that any other team would have had much consideration in doing so either. He was just at the end of his rope.

Wyoming is a beautiful state, I'd totally live there. I interviewed there 2 summers ago with Union Pacific accually, but some parts are desolate, and some towns are stuck in time capsules.

Yea. I personally wouldn't want to live there, but with Yellowstone and all of its natural beauty is really fantastic. I can totally see why some people would like to live there. I've been to Yellowstone multiple times and pictures don't do it justice at all.

Now if he was living in Kansas or Oklahoma, then I'd be more apt to ask why, but Wyoming is a paradise for outdoors/nature lovers.

Awe... I thought he just seemed too derned happy. I'm sad that the nonsense with arbitration prohibited him from ever really shooting his wad career-wise (sorry for being so indelicate about it). So, he lived up to his potential... just not his FULL potential and, you know -- that's good enough for him so I'm happy for him and all.

That's a surprise, he must know something we don't know like the Devils won't make enough quality changes off season to win a cup next season or get into the finals.

Best wishes Bobby you had a great run considering two cups, being a captain and making lots of money all good moves and now another one being with the family.

Atleast, between the two of you, one of you know SOMETHING.

Mike Martin

KC Devil