Holik To Retire

DougieBrown

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05232009/sport...mily_170625.htm

The great career of a great Devil is over.

Bobby Holik told The Post yesterday that he is retiring from hockey after 18 NHL seasons, 11 of those with New Jersey.

"I'm done. I'm retiring," Holik said from his home in Wyoming. "I miss being with my family every day. I knew when the season ended, but I wanted to leave and get home first, and not make a big deal of it.

"A player is what I was. Now I'm a husband and a father."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the memories, Bobby: many of them good, Devils third-all-time-leading goal-scorer, member of the famous "Crash Line," -- some of them bad, playing with the Rangers for two years.

Always a tough hard-nosed player, a real sonofabitch to play against.

I'm glad you retired a New Jersey Devil.

Think we'll see him in the rafters? I think its a coinflip either way.

I love Bobby, but no way. Had he stayed for the rest of his career, then probably yes. But he did not. If you look at the numbers he might have actually crossed Johnny Mac before Elias would've. He wouldn't have held on for it too long, but that would've been a big stat.

Glad to see him retire a Devil. His Ranger betrayal is completely forgiven.

I think its cool he lives in Wyoming for some reason lol.

Did the No 2 Russian officer in "Hunt for Red October" want to live in Wyoming? For some reason I thought of that.

That's a surprise, he must know something we don't know like the Devils won't make enough quality changes off season to win a cup next season or get into the finals.

Best wishes Bobby you had a great run considering two cups, being a captain and making lots of money all good moves and now another one being with the family.

That's a surprise, he must know something we don't know like the Devils won't make enough quality changes off season to win a cup next season or get into the finals.

But see one of the quality changes is getting rid of NoGoalik!!!

I'll miss mocking ya ol'Bob!