Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroGravityFat

Flyers to sign Emery

54 posts in this topic

If the site is accurate, then Emery will sign with the Flyers to a one-year, 1.5M deal

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/2664...and-choose.html

I find the whole Emery to Philly talk quite amusing.

The reason that they no longer want Marty Biron is because REPORTEDLY, he wants big money. So they're going hard after flakey Ray because he's going to come cheap for one year.

Now picture this, what if flakey Ray actually has a superior year for them? They're going to have to pay him the money that they don't want to pay Marty in order to keep him. AND it's being said also that they're targeting J-Bo as well.

I would guess then that Homer is going to rip that team apart to shed contracts and rebuild it from the ground up.

What will the Black & Orange do?

What will they do?

:blink:

deal COMPLETED

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with 6'2", 196-pound goaltender Ray Emery, according to club general manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"We are extremely excited and happy to have entered into this agreement with Ray," said Holmgren. "We believe Ray is a good, young goalie that has a unique blend of size, competitiveness and athleticism."

"I'm excited to be able to get a chance to play with a team that's a contender and I'm grateful for the opportunity that's being given," said Emery. "I think I have the ability to play consistent. I'm athletic, but I try to rely on a system and make things as simple as possible."

Emery, 26, appeared in 36 regular season games with Atlant Mytischi of the Kontinental Hockey League in 2008-09, where he posted a 22-8-0 record with a 2.12 goals-against average and .926 save percentage. He also registered a 3-3 record with a 1.86 GAA and .941 save percentage in seven postseason appearances.

deal COMPLETED

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with 6'2", 196-pound goaltender Ray Emery, according to club general manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

"We are extremely excited and happy to have entered into this agreement with Ray," said Holmgren. "We believe Ray is a good, young goalie that has a unique blend of size, competitiveness and athleticism."

"I'm excited to be able to get a chance to play with a team that's a contender and I'm grateful for the opportunity that's being given," said Emery. "I think I have the ability to play consistent. I'm athletic, but I try to rely on a system and make things as simple as possible."

Emery, 26, appeared in 36 regular season games with Atlant Mytischi of the Kontinental Hockey League in 2008-09, where he posted a 22-8-0 record with a 2.12 goals-against average and .926 save percentage. He also registered a 3-3 record with a 1.86 GAA and .941 save percentage in seven postseason appearances.

::chuckle::

Poor Marty Biron.

Flakey Ray whips his arse and then he loses his job to him.

:doh1: