Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USC09

Thrashers sign Salmela to multi-year deal

23 posts in this topic

Per TSN.ca

I wish him luck in Atlanta, it was not a great deal for us as Havelid was a bust. Salmela was actually coming along quite well, he will have a descent year next season. He was a Restricted Free Agent.

I liked Ansi and I think he may turn out to be a good player for the thrashers...

this just adds to the list of very questionable moves by Lou in recent years.

Anssi looked like a kid with a ton of potential when he was in Jersey. He just couldn't find any consistency in his game and was pretty horrendous in the defensive zone. Best of luck to him.

At the time, the trade seemed like a solid move. Dems da breaks.

Salmela's the kind of player who will be at least moderately successful in Atlanta over the next few years, which will lead everyone to assume that it was a bad move by Lou, but really...I'm not sure Salmela would have been successful here. He'll be given more leeway to play his way in Atlanta, because really, what do they have to lose?

What I guess I'm saying is, if he's successful in Atlanta, it doesn't mean he would have been successful in New Jersey.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I ripped on Havelid as much as the next guy, but it was the right move at the time.

What I guess I'm saying is, if he's successful in Atlanta, it doesn't mean he would have been successful in New Jersey.

this is exactly right.

Salmela panning out for Atlanta - is like being the best player on the special olympics squad :)

Salmela panning out for Atlanta - is like being the best player on the special olympics squad :)

Oh man, when I read this, I just about spit out my drink.... of course, that doesn't mean it isn't true.... but it is funny as hell.

I gotta get my wife to read this one. She's from Atlanta and is a Thrashers fan. Poor, poor girl.... :whistling:

This is a good thing for Anssi since in Atlanta he doesn

Edited by dali

Hindsight is always 20/20. I ripped on Havelid as much as the next guy, but it was the right move at the time.

Exactly. If we were in the cup finals right now and if we wouldve won the cup with Havelid, everyone would be still praising that trade. Its that chance I guess to take. Salmela has a bright future, glad to see him got a nice NHL contract.

Only time will tell if trading him was a good deal or not.

I think Havelid decided he wanted out of the NHL some time before he came here. Every player gets excited when playoff time comes. He didn't.

I liked Ansi and I think he may turn out to be a good player for the thrashers...

this just adds to the list of very questionable moves by Lou in recent years.

The Havelid trade was a smart move, that just didn't work out.

Ansi wasn't going to play for Sutter.

yeah, i agree it was a sound move...havelid may have proven his worth later in the play offs...(still can't believe the game 7 implosion).

too bad the season did not end on St. Patricks Day...after that the rest was just a miserable slide.

Just another bad decision made by the President and GM Lou Lam. Lou should retire.his time has past. He has become a terrible GM.

You mean Sutter the guy that's still not even sure he wants to return to finsh out his contract? Glad Lou tolerates that sh*t.

Bottom line is you can be the best defender playing in atlanta, but sh!t you're still playing in atlanta. maybe he'll take a pay cut and come back begging .ahahaha.

Just another bad decision made by the President and GM Lou Lam. Lou should retire.his time has past. He has become a terrible GM.

Are you happy with anyone on the Devils?