Brent Sutter says 'I'm not a quitter'

Rock

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/06...new_jersey.html

"Personally, I could care less what other people think," Sutter said in a conference call from Alberta. "People out here aren't going to say that. People there may say it.

"I don't look at it at all as I'm quitting on anything. When it involves family and personal things that you throw everything into, you have to make certain decisions."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I don't look at it at all as I'm quitting on anything"

.........But you're not coming back and still have a year left on your contract. So what would you call it???? :argh:

Whether we want to call it quitting or not is semantics. Lou and him had an understanding that he could step down during any offseason if he felt that was the right choice and he is making that choice, there isn't anything wrong with that.

Whether we want to call it quitting or not is semantics. Lou and him had an understanding that he could step down during any offseason if he felt that was the right choice and he is making that choice, there isn't anything wrong with that.

there is if he goes to coach the flames. but other than that, yeah, i don't think he's 'quitting'.

Then maybe it's Lou's fault for making that deal.

Lamoriello said he does not have a coach in place to replace Sutter and insisted he has not been conducting a search for a replacement the past few weeks.

"No. There was certainly nothing contemplated or looked upon," Lamoriello said. "Now we will have to make those decisions.

Is he serious?

Edited by 95Crash

And now Brent Sutter joins Needmymommy as someone I have zero respect for. He signed a three year contract. And to make leaving worse he waited and waited while potential coaches signed elsewhere. Low class all the way.

And what coaches might those be?

It sounds as if the "Family" part of his life had more to do with him leaving than anything, and if that's the case than I have no problem with him walking away.

Best of luck Brent!

he quit and the method in which he did it upsets me. i'm glad that he's not back because everyone knew his heart wasn't in it and you can't have a coach like that.

the idea that he made the decision yesterday seems disingenuous also - i mean he had to be thinking this route for a good portion of this year - proof that when there's smoke, there's fire in the media sometimes after all. family is of course, the most important thing. but today is no different than two years ago. if it was that important, say no 2 years ago instead of taking the devils $.

he also sounds like the mayor of red deer with the "come here and you'll see what you're missing."

also - while it might not be this year, he's definitely going to coach one of those western teams if they want him. i actually hope it IS this year so the devils get some sort of compensation.

Sutter is a damn quitter! Good-riddance you low-life

"Personally, I could care less what other people think," Sutter said in a conference call from Alberta. "People out here aren't going to say that. People there may say it.

Well no sh!t! Does that make you feel better? Youre still a quitter

Edited by devlman

Yea, actually thats the very definition of quitter. Nieds at least played out his contract before leaving for family. Idc that he left, I care that he acted like a drama queen in the process. He should never had said anything at any point to indicate that he might be leaving, he should never have let the reporters drag out speculation for weeks, he deserves any negative stigma he gets.