Brett Sutter interview TODAY on FAN590

MantaRay

Brent Sutter On The Game Plan Today

The New Jersey Devils are in the hunt for a new head coach. Current head coach Brent Sutter informed the team that he will not return as the Devils bench boss. Sutter has been rumoured to be Calgary Flames GM Darryl Sutter's lead choice for the Flames vacant head coaching position. Sutter will join Doug MacLean & Jack Armstrong at 3:05pm to discuss his decision.

Brent Sutter has resigned as the coach of the New Jersey Devils after just two seasons.

http://www.fan590.com/

Wants to be close to home. He and Lou agreed since day 1 they would take it year-by-year.

Best answer to coaching rumors:

"Any team that is interested in my services HAS to go through Lou. I owe that to Lou".

I'm falling asleep listening to this. I closed it.

He is very monotone for a "fiery" head coach

I haven't learned anything new from this as expected. He did say he would be open to "listening to offers a year or 2-3 years down the road."

For now, I think he stays out of the NHL for at least a year, at least that's what it sounds like. If he ends up joining Calgary this season, then it would be a little disrespectful to us IMO. I don't care how close to home it is.

-it was tought, but more about family then hockey

-i was still unsure when the season ended

-wanted to be more a part of his daughter's life

-my commitment was full with new jersey, I didn't think I could keep that up

-it is the right decision, period.

-I made the decision, I'm happy I made it, I'm moving on.

-at this point in time, I'm just settling back home

-don't know about my future coaching carreer, it's in the air

-unsure bout where it leaves him, down the road

--constantly mentions how he's "glad to be back to where he was 2 years ago", it almost sounds like he regrets making the decision.

-"if there's another team that wants me, and lou allows it, I'm open to anything" (then why didn't he stay here?)

-not getting into his contract with Lou, not going to discuss it.

-"by making this decision, I've probably sent any notion of me coaching in the olympics to the wayside"

-calgary and edmonton had no factor's in his decision

-reminisces about coaching against his son

-glad he can be a dad now, watching his son- as opposed to being a coach

-they then offer him congratulations for his "wonderful success" in jersey, and "making that hard decision".

quitter.

All this

Wants to be close to home. He and Lou agreed since day 1 they would take it year-by-year.

Best answer to coaching rumors:

"Any team that is interested in my services HAS to go through Lou. I owe that to Lou".

He owes it to Lou? He doesn't have much of a choice, he's contractually obligated to coach the Devils or nowhere.

After this year he's free to go wherever he wants or he should be, though it would make him a bigger hypocrite even if he coached Calgary (let's be honest, yes they're the home team but you still travel a lot and have obligations to your team even at home).

We may have seen the last of Brent Sutter in the NHL as far as a coach IMO. He already said he has no intentions of working with his brother in Calgary. I will be suprised if Sutter coaches again in the NHL. I thought Brent was a good coach for the Devils and I am not going to call him a quitter because I can understand the family part of his decision.

He was a good coach for the Devils and it was just disappointing to see him go out like the way he and the Devils did this season in Game 7. You think he would have wanted to come back for his last season of his contract and maybe right the ship after such a devastating loss in Game 7 the way the Devils lost it. He has to now live with that bad memory along with all of us fans and will always wonder "what if" he came back for his last year on his contract. Maybe the players were not listening or didn't like Sutter. :noclue: We will never know unless it leaks out in the media.

He was a good coach for the Devils and it was just disappointing to see him go out like the way he and the Devils did this season in Game 7. You think he would have wanted to come back for his last season of his contract and maybe right the ship after such a devastating loss in Game 7 the way the Devils lost it. He has to now live with that bad memory along with all of us fans and will always wonder "what if" he came back for his last year on his contract. Maybe the players were not listening or didn't like Sutter. :noclue: We will never know unless it leaks out in the media.

Did you try to mention the Devils' loss as many times as possible in that paragraph?