Letterman Scum Lib

Considering Obama's daughters are ages 11 and 8, absolutely rightly so.

However, Sarah Palin has a daughter who was knocked up at 17. The "joke" is relevant in that regard. It doesn't make it a good joke, but it has relevance. The joke would make no sense applied to the Obama girls.

Doesn't change the fact that it was her 14 year old daughter being blasted by a 62 year old skeeve.

Spin it all you want, she was here to raise money for Autism, which she is a leading spokeperson for.

I guess that's so she can get "her name in the paper" too, right?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1- These were comedians doing their bit. They sometimes shock and offend on purpose.

2- I disagree with Maher's comments as IMO they are beyond a reasonable attempt at humor but no biggie. I don't watch him anyway.

Worry about the politicians who are wasting our money vs some entertainer looking to garner some attention.

Doesn't change the fact that it was her 14 year old daughter being blasted by a 62 year old skeeve.

Spin it all you want, she was here to raise money for Autism, which she is a leading spokeperson for.

I guess that's so she can get "her name in the paper" too, right?

He was referring to the 18 year old daughter.

Do you understand how jokes work? They are based in reality, that's why the joke would have made sense. I don't think anyone is spinning the fact she was there to raise money. Maybe it was a coincidence that it happened to be in the news media capital of the world, either way it was a good cause. Great for her, she should be commended for it.

But the joke was obviously about her other daughter, and it was "Spun" to make it look like he was ripping on the completely irrelevant 14 year old.

Edited by oofrostonoo

Except it was a 14 year old girl with her mother.

As it's been explained multiple times, Letterman and his staff weren't paying attention and thought Bristol was in town.

Why should she endure this perverted vitriol from an old man?

If it was O'Reilly or Hannity making comments about the Obama girls or, say, John Edwards' 11-year-old daughter, you'd be kissing their feet.

What's "pretty evident" is that you can say all you want about Palin, but if it was reversed, as I said earlier, he'd be out of a job and DONE.

I don't remember anyone ever getting fired for making cracks about Chelsea Clinton or the Bush twins.

Under current conditions? yes. But if Obama had an unwed pregnant 18 year old daughter?

Don't bother, squish. Republicans don't understand context and variables. The very concept of such hurts their tiny brains.

Unfortunately Rowdy, there are no examples of Republicans blasting a Democrat Presidents daughter..............but there were countless bashing of the Bush twins.

And you all just run a grab their excuse that they thought it was Bristol...........what a load of bunk.......... they knew damn well it was her next daughter................just a lame excuse for pathetic actions.

Rusty DePass, a prominent South Carolina Republican activist, is now apologizing for making a racist joke about Michelle Obama, and taken down the Facebook page where he made it -- though he does make sure to shift the blame and say that Michelle started it.

DePass commented on a story about a gorilla escaping from a local zoo: "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless."

"I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone," said DePass. "The comment was clearly in jest."

...GOP operative Mike Green posted a racist joke about President Obama on his Twitter account over the weekend -- and in a brief conversation with TPM, Green did not deny it. (Late Update: Green has now admitted it in a new set of Tweets, and apologized. See new section after the jump.)

Green posted this, then deleted it some time later:

JUST HEARD OBAMA IS GOING TO IMPOSE A 40% TAX ON ASPIRIN BECAUSE IT'S WHITE AND IT WORKS.

HaHa.

If it was O'Reilly or Hannity making comments about the Obama girls or, say, John Edwards' 11-year-old daughter, you'd be kissing their feet.

Actually Hannity has stated on his show that he has never, will never, and is disgusted by any joke similar to the Palin joke made with the Obama girls as a target. Children of politicians are best left out of the political smear arena.

Don't bother, squish. Republicans don't understand context and variables. The very concept of such hurts their tiny brains.

And the award for classiest poster on the board goes to.....

Unfortunately Rowdy, there are no examples of Republicans blasting a Democrat Presidents daughter..............but there were countless bashing of the Bush twins.

No, just Jenna, and mostly when she followed in Daddy's footsteps by going and getting drunk off her ass and making a damn fool of herself. I don't recall anyone having negative words for Barbara, but that's probably because she was smart enough to behave herself. And like I said, no one ever lost their jobs over it.

Also, I'd have to go and look it up, but I thought I heard that some people did try going after Chelsea early on but were quickly brought into line.

post-909-1245190487.gif

If he said something like that about Sasha Obama, he'd be out of a job already, end of story.

very true. But this was just a bad joke with VERY BAD research done beforehand. Let's face it, the Palin family will be paying for Bristols lack of self control for quite some time. :noclue: I think this is just the Palins way to, hopefully, put an end to it so that it is not still an issue when the baby is old enough to watch Letterman. :lol:

God, I miss Johnny Carson. Late night with class.

even more true!

:clap2::hail:post-909-1245190843_thumb.jpg

No, just Jenna, and mostly when she followed in Daddy's footsteps by going and getting drunk off her ass and making a damn fool of herself. I don't recall anyone having negative words for Barbara, but that's probably because she was smart enough to behave herself. And like I said, no one ever lost their jobs over it.

So when Sasha or the other one start dealing cocaine like Daddy did, we can start then, right?

So when Sasha or the other one start dealing cocaine like Daddy did, we can start then, right?

You love just making things up. He never dealt cocaine. There is once sentence about it in one of his books, saying that when he could afford it he would buy some.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.