Republican Senator from Nevada Admits Affair

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton then lied to all of America. He didn't quit.

Oh, the selective Outrage:

Apparently, in MISS LEEDS world, lying and committing adultery is fine unless your a democrat:

Aside from the obvious: Larry Craig, David Vitter, and Ensign we also have:

-Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair. Newt Gingrich, is probably the most audacious serial adulterer in any political party.

-Sen. John McCain, 2008 Republican presidential frontrunner, and admitted adulterer and alleged philanderer. McCain's Extramarital Affair with Cindy Ended His Friendship with Reagans in the 1970s.

-Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and another GOP 2008 presidential contender, betrayed his second wife, TV presenter Donna Hanover, with his

Oh, the selective Outrage:

Apparently, in MISS LEEDS world, lying and committing adultery is fine unless your a democrat:

Aside from the obvious: Larry Craig, David Vitter, and Ensign we also have:

-Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair. Newt Gingrich, is probably the most audacious serial adulterer in any political party.

-Sen. John McCain, 2008 Republican presidential frontrunner, and admitted adulterer and alleged philanderer. McCain's Extramarital Affair with Cindy Ended His Friendship with Reagans in the 1970s.

-Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City and another GOP 2008 presidential contender, betrayed his second wife, TV presenter Donna Hanover, with his

On Manta's list I miss the one who killed a million people.

Bush lied to get us into war. If you add up our soldiers, their soldiers, and their civilians killed there are estimates around 1,000,000. He didn't kill them with his bare hands but he directly enabled this to happen.

Bush lied to get us into war. If you add up our soldiers, their soldiers, and their civilians killed there are estimates around 1,000,000. He didn't kill them with his bare hands but he directly enabled this to happen.

Sorry, didn't see Bush on that list.

The thing with Ensign is, he has requested others who had performed similar acts to resign. Supposedly his membership in some Christian-based chastity-preaching group gave him an appropriate pulpit from which to preach and judge. Now that the shoe is on the other foot...........

The thing with Ensign is, he has requested others who had performed similar acts to resign. Supposedly his membership in some Christian-based chastity-preaching group gave him an appropriate pulpit from which to preach and judge. Now that the shoe is on the other foot...........

He deserves every bit of the roasting he is about to get

With David Vitter's staff? :noclue:

What's funny, is I never heard anything about Diaper Dave's staff. (huh huh, I said Dave's staff)

So does that mean banging a staffer outside marriage is worse than banging some prosty chick (or in Ted Haggard's case, some prosty dude) ?

I beseech our board Republicans to enlighten us as to the etiquette.

Again, they are called out for their hypocrisy. Yet, since behavior like this for Dems is accepted, they are not hypocritical, they are just doing what they do.

Accepted? You really believe that? Maybe the fact that gays exist is accepted. McGreevy got quite a bit of heat for what he did. But he came out as gay, he didn't try to cure the gay away or deny what happened. He got caught and owned up to it.

If McGreevy had been involved in political fights to keep gay marriage illegal or heading up a evangelical fidelity club or whatever I think that would be relevant to point out when examining what he did.

Jon Edwards cheated on a wife with cancer, that is 100x's personally more fvcked up than what this guy did and I don't think I've heard too many people give him a pass on this.

McGreevey "came out" because he was a poor governor making poor decisions.

That was his way of deflectin his "Macheavellian" escapades.

And McGreevey being gay was the worst kept secret in the State.

Hmm and I thought Eminem being gay was the worst kept secret in the country/world.......

McGreevey "came out" because he was a poor governor making poor decisions.

You don't think it was the sexual harassment suit that was threatened to be filed against him by a guy?

So his coming out was only to distract people from his poor governing and give him an excuse to step down? Really? He would humiliate the his wife, kids, entire family, staff, state and a bunch of other people because he was making poor governing decisions?

You don't think it was the sexual harassment suit that was threatened to be filed against him by a guy?

So his coming out was only to distract people from his poor governing and give him an excuse to step down? Really? He would humiliate the his wife, kids, entire family, staff, state and a bunch of other people because he was making poor governing decisions?

Have you read about he and his wife's court cases? He only cares about himself.

Have you read about he and his wife's court cases? He only cares about himself.

I can believe that he is selfish. But I find it hard to believe he was looking for a way to ditch the job, and said to himself, "Oh I know a way out, I'll just tell everyone I've been banging dudes"

I can believe that he is selfish. But I find it hard to believe he was looking for a way to ditch the job, and said to himself, "Oh I know a way out, I'll just tell everyone I've been banging dudes"

That was the prevailing opinion at the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.