Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thelastonealive

Later Round Picks - Devils Draft

47 posts in this topic

Seems like the Devils are looking to develop some young Defenseman and possibly move back to the style of play they had with #3 and #4.. Hey, it worked then so maybe it can work too especially if we also have our good goal scorers up front..

No goalie as of yet so I'm guessing the Devils are waiting to either draft a goalie with their first pick in the next 2 years OR trade for one who's already made it in the leage

Seems like the Devils are looking to develop some young Defenseman and possibly move back to the style of play they had with #3 and #4.. Hey, it worked then so maybe it can work too especially if we also have our good goal scorers up front..

No goalie as of yet so I'm guessing the Devils are waiting to either draft a goalie with their first pick in the next 2 years OR trade for one who's already made it in the leage

they've already got jeff frazee. drafting a goalie in the first round is often bad news - no one did it this year, iirc.

olivier roy seems to still be on the board - or am i wrong about this

also as a sidenote it looks like randy velischek's son was drafted - good for him.

Edited by Triumph

they've already got jeff frazee. drafting a goalie in the first round is often bad news - no one did it this year, iirc.

also as a sidenote it looks like randy velischek's son was drafted - good for him.

He's decent but I wouldn't consider him a lock for the future.. Just saying another option might be nice

Roy just went to the oilers at 133

I can't seem to find more info on this guy, but he has good numbers and is going to a good hockey school next year.. Another nice pick

color me unimpresed, stats-wise, but at least he's going to north dakota - sounds like a late bloomer.

color me unimpresed, stats-wise, but at least he's going to north dakota - sounds like a late bloomer.

Well... I dont find it shocking that a 5th rounder is a project.

Boom or bust power forward... I'll take a gamble in the 5th.

Edited by aylbert

Hey he tripled his goal output from last year to this, i like that progression :P

Sounds a little like Barry, eh?

If by that you mean Tallackson? Not really, Barry was highly touted at the start of his draft year, holding the #9 north american skater to start the year. Barry came out of the USNDP and had been looked at as an elite talent with big time consistency issues. His attitude caused whatever lack of success hes had, not the talent level.

If you are talking about the quiet reserved type personality, off ice sounds close, I just hope it doesnt carry onto the ice with him.

yeah tallackson. A big power forward drafted by us who probably isn't going to pan out. Depends on your expectations, Barry was a guy who was susposed to make it here and never caught on. Can't say the same about a 5th round project yet

Bernard is an good fighter, I seen him fight twice live and he destroyed the guys. He is native and extremely fast. Not a great 6th rounder but good value at all.

Other then the first two picks this is a poor draft for us.