Heatley to Oilers

overtime98

Dun dun dunnnnnn.

While we're investigating mysteries, has the "who's viewing this thread" thing at the bottom disappeared for anyone else?

Did Heatley steal it in the dead of night and take it to Edmonton?

Dun dun dunnnnn...

I had to disable it, traffic is getting kinda heavy and I don't wanna crash.

While we're investigating mysteries, has the "who's viewing this thread" thing at the bottom disappeared for anyone else?

I *thought* there was something missing... couldn't put my finger on what...

I had to disable it, traffic is getting kinda heavy and I don't wanna crash.

Rut roh...

I suppose that's a good thing, though; the site's getting so popular that Deadline Day isn't the only day you have to worry about traffic bringing the site down...

I never did sign up for that VPS I was telling you about...

I *thought* there was something missing... couldn't put my finger on what...

Rut roh...

I suppose that's a good thing, though; the site's getting so popular that Deadline Day isn't the only day you have to worry about traffic bringing the site down...

I never did sign up for that VPS I was telling you about...

Well, I disabled the members online to 5 minutes to see our real load. The load is 55 concurrent posters at any one moment, that is getting high for a shared host.

Just glad the Rangers aren't getting him. Good trade for Ottawa, Cogliano is a great player. Penner will mesh well now that he is back with Murray, and Smid obviously also has connections with Bryan Murray, so overall a good trade for them and as for the Oilers, they will have a heavy octane offense. He will be crucial towards the development of Sam Gagner and other players.

So apparently there are a lot of conflicting reports going around. Some people are claiming RDS and Bruce Garrioch are claiming Healty killed the deal, while other reports out there, mainly from Edmonton are saying the deal is going to happen. I guess we just gotta wait and see. I love this time of year with all the uncertainty.

EDIT: McKenzie has this... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283382

Dany Heatley did not waive his no-movement clause before midnight eastern to facilitate an agreed-upon trade between the Ottawa Senators and Edmonton Oilers that would have sent Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner and Ladislav Smid to Ottawa.

For now, and quite possibly forever, the deal is dead.

It gets interesting because while Heatley could change his mind at some point, the Senators are now responsible for a $4 million signing bonus payment that is due to Heatley on July 1. That is expected to greatly change the dynamic of any trade talks involving Heatley.

I wonder if they are going to be able to move him now.

Edited by thefiestygoat

The Ottawa Senators are quickly turning into the New Jersey Nets of hockey.

God I'd hate to be an Oilers fan now. Bouwmeester frigging runs to Calgary while Heatley is just the latest big name to want no part of Edmonton. What is it about those two cities?

My initial reaction was not so much that he didn't want any part of Edmonton, but that he wanted to collect on his $4 million bonus due at midnight.

No matter what happens, Heatley does not look good right now...

I'm afraid with him going to the oilers it just opens up more choices for other players to go to New York. Some names that scare me are Hossa, Havlat, and Gaborik.

Well Heatley just turned down the trade to the Oilers so he is still a possibility for the Rangers unfortunately.

The Edm deal was the best Murray was going to get for Heatley. I really think Heater is in Ottawa come next season.

It was the understanding of many involved, including the Senators and Oilers, that once the clock struck midnight and turned over to July 1, the Sens would be on the hook for the $4 million bonus payment

I understand fans and the media getting it wrong... but how the fvck does a team not know the liabilities and deadlines they face? That seems like something their lawyers should of have known well before this day ever came.

Heatley effectively just became free agent consolation bait... teams that lose out on UFA's, will then be able to talk trades with Ottawa for Heatley. I know this could happen to any player, but not everyone is owed 4mm dollars tomorrow night :)

Edited by aylbert

The Ottawa Senators are quickly turning into the New Jersey Nets of hockey.

My initial reaction was not so much that he didn't want any part of Edmonton, but that he wanted to collect on his $4 million bonus due at midnight.

No matter what happens, Heatley does not look good right now...

Well apparently the bonus payment can be transferred to the new team if a deal's worked out by tomorrow night so that wasn't the issue, he gets his money either way. How fast do you think he waives the NTC to play for the Rangers? :rolleyes: