Comprehensive Free Agent Signing Thread

njdevil26

a bunch of people on TG's blog are speculating the "mystery player" is 2000 entry draft 2nd round selection temmu laine who incidentally plays(ed) for HV71 of the SEL with Tednby and would fit the criterion of reserve list player and european mystery player so ...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antropov or Koivu i don't care just sign one these two or we will be in some serious sh!t...i mean its Lou style

to wait and make a wise move but looking at what is left in FA list we are seriously fvcked if Lou don't have

a fantastic plan...and he doesn't really look to have anything

Havlat to Wild

According to TSN's Darren Dregger, Martin Havlat has a verbal agreement in place with the Minnesota Wild

Source: @DarrenDreger

Hockeybuzz.com

Good move by the Wild. I was hoping the Devils would have picked up Havlat, but rumors still saying Saku Koivu. Not many good FA left now. LaRose, Antropov and Beauchemin would be good for the Devils for who is left out there. Looks like Frazee will be the back up for now.

Edited by SatansDevils

a bunch of people on TG's blog are speculating the "mystery player" is 2000 entry draft 2nd round selection temmu laine who incidentally plays(ed) for HV71 of the SEL with Tednby and would fit the criterion of reserve list player and european mystery player so ...

He is a right winger, put up moderate points with HV71, but I don't think players drafted 9 years ago remain on your reserve list, or do they? :blink:

you know I was hoping for the Devils to pick up a free agent just like most of you but who cares. The fact that these a=other teams are trying to buy there way to a cup is ridiculous. We still have a decent core players, I am excited to see some of our young prospects get a shot. Matt Halischuk is a special player and I think many of you will be surprised when we see him in the NHL. Ive been waiting for Bergfors to get a shot and now he can. He is a good player please give him a chance! Validimir Zharkov is another good prospect. Tyler Eckford and Matt Corrente are good defensive too. Why spend 5 and 6 million and players when we have our own homegrown talent in the league. David Conte and staff have always been excellent on drafting and bringing in prospects.

Zajac and parise are better than ever.

Elias had his surgery and might actually be better this year.

Langenbrunner has been a captain for a few years now and probably feels comfortable than ever in this roll.

lou wants to sign shanahan, great veteran leadership.

Hopefully our current defense core studied tapes of last years 90 second debacle, lol...

Frazee is a UND alumni and I have complete confidence in him backing up broduer.

Rangers still suck. fvck them. lundqvist and his sofa pads are a joke.

Montreal looks great on paper, but seriously can these guys play together? will they find the chemistry? Hows Montreals goaltending?

Flyers got dirtier not better. Are you kidding me Emery and Boucher as goaltenders???? fvck them!

F these teams over paying for aging stars

Devils still have the BEST GOALTENDER IN NHL HISTORY. yes he hasnt quite played his best especially in the playoffs but he is still the best.

Faithful Devils fans stand with me and LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!

:koolaid:

Edited by overtime98

Dear people who are panicking,

What the hell were you expecting to happen today? We all knew Madden and Gionta were gone, and we all know that's a good thing. Madden is fairly worthless ... checking line centers just aren't as important as they used to be and his faceoff numbers dropped significantly last season. Gionta hits more logos than he hits nets and doesn't drive to the crease anymore. Losing these guys is not a bad thing. If Bergfors and Pelley can't bring exactly what these guys brought last season, they should be able to come close. The bar isn't set that high.

As for the free agents we aren't getting ... who was out there that was all that good? Havlat? Yeah, I want Lou to sign a guy who will spend the bulk of his Devils career in the press box (hint: sarcasm). If the Koivu rumors are true and he's in Minny/Anaheim, then that kinda sucks but it isn't like he's in the prime of his career. Who else out there was really even worth thinking about pursuing? Yeah, the Devils have needs at center and defense, but the free agent market sucked this year. Sucked long and sucked hard. I'd rather Lou stand pat, show a little faith in the kids and NOT commit ridiculous money to a crap free agent just for the sake of doing something, thus handcuffing us for the next two offseasons when Martin and Parise are due their paydays.

Take a step back, take a long breath, and remember that we're the Devils. If you want to get excited about free agent signings in July, there's a team across the river that's right up your alley.

Love,

Manbearpig

+100

I think everyone should read this post again. Especially the bolded part.

Yeah seriously....

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) has started up again for the day.

Koivu is supposed to make a decision whether to sign with the Wild or not.

Now that Havlat is there, I see him taking that job to be Havlat's center and to play with his brother.

Bouchemin is apparently talking to the Habs, Leafs, and Kings.

hey guys just wanted to let you all know that donald brashear signed in new york for 2.8 million over 2 years.

LOL. I will NEVER understand why you overpay a 37 year old, slow skating, suspension oriented, pugalist like Brasher, when Orr was younger, faster, cheaper and in my opinion, a more complete player.

I love Sather.

Good move by the Wild. I was hoping the Devils would have picked up Havlat, but rumors still saying Saku Koivu. Not many good FA left now. LaRose, Antropov and Beauchemin would be good for the Devils for who is left out there. Looks like Frazee will be the back up for now.

This is an upgrade from an injury prone Gaborik.

Lou needs to focus ONLY on Koivu the others are just spare parts.

LOL. I will NEVER understand why you overpay a 37 year old, slow skating, suspension oriented, pugalist like Brasher, when Orr was younger, faster, cheaper and in my opinion, a more complete player.

I love Sather.

ugh, orr is just as terrible and his contract is worse. orr has 4 goals in 200+ NHL games.

antropov to atlanta shouldn't be a surprise

boston is pretty much done making moves. they are at around 55 million.

hey guys just wanted to let you all know that donald brashear signed in new york for 2.8 million over 2 years.

I'm kind of disappointed Neil turned down the 4 year - $9.2 million offer from the Rangers. That would have been another awful Sather signing. I think it has become quite clear that Sather doesn't have a scout watching the Sens and believes it 2006.

I wouldn't mind LaRose as a 3rd liner.. Moore would be a good guy to sign as a 4th line center, hes a better option than Rod Pelley I bet.

moore would be the 3rd line center - that's the hole the devils have right now unless zubrus is that player and rolston/elias are the 2nd line center.

pelley is the 4th line center.

Nik Antropov to Atlanta, 4 yrs, 16 mill

per Dreger's twitter, should be on TSN soon

its there: http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=283526

So now is it safe to say that 20-25 goals=4-4.5 mil, 30=5-6 mil, 40-6.5-7+ mil?

So Betts and Malhotra are probably looking at 2-2.5 mil?

That's why i'm not ready to completely throw up my hands with Lou. I think Lou might have "lost it" a bit since the lockout and he's been one of the worst at adjusting to it, but i'd be pissed seeing Antropov here with that contract just to sign someone or Gionta re-signed because he's a favorite.

But, that's the "new" NHL for you. You have to overpay and bite your tongue. The trick is don't keep biting it until you bite it off to spite your face.