Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beezer34

Clemmer's a Panther

30 posts in this topic

Thanks for your service Clemmy, you did a great job here. We will miss you

Good luck to him. I doubt he'll see much more time down there backing up Vokoun than if he stayed in NJ but the money is good for him and they have great weather down there during hockey season.

Good luck to him. I doubt he'll see much more time down there backing up Vokoun than if he stayed in NJ but the money is good for him and they have great weather down there during hockey season.

i disagree; i think he'll see more games in florida.. its also interesting that florida signed him for 3 years instead of 1 or 2.. looks like they hope they can catch lightning in a bottle?

but at worst he should see some good playing time if he plays behind vokoun

We're gonna regret not signing him.

Clemmer is one of like 30 other goalies who can do just about the same job he does. I'm surprised he got this much money.

Good luck, Clem. I hope the Panthers give him a start in Jersey next year so he can get a little cheer from the crowd.

Does that mean we're sticking with Weekes?

...good question. Wish I knew. :noclue:

Good Luck Scott...and please let us not resign Weekes

Good luck Clemmer, and thanks for your great play in Marty's absence and the great attitude you brought to the organization. Well deserved.

i have a feeling we'll re-up on Weekes, and i dont have a problem with that.. even when he was getting sat for clemmer he never complained and was always humble and soft-spoken. Seems like a 'team-guy', even though he might not get much time in goal.

Disappointed to see him go, but glad to see he'll have a future somewhere. Good luck, Clemmer.

Good luck Scotty! Thanks for the help last season.

Disappointed to see him go, but glad to see he'll have a future somewhere IN THE NHL. Good luck, Clemmer.

fixed ;)

Good luck to Clemmensen out in Florida. I hope he does well. Good move by Florida as they lost Craig Anderson earlier today.

Good Luck Scott...and please let us not resign Weekes

Oh? What's your grand plan?

If the Anderson/Vokoun situation of last season is any indication, I think Scotty'll have a great shot at playing fairly often for them. Vokoun has been injury-prone since '06, so splitting netminding duties makes sense down there.

Wow that is a lot of money for a guy with half a decent NHL season under his belt. Can't fault the Devils for not wanting to pay that.

Makes you realize that we need to start searching for Marty's heir though. He only has three years left on his deal.

Just getting in and processing all the news. I have to say that I feel great for Clemmer. He finally gets the security and the money he always wanted. You never hope someone gets hurt, but if Marty never gets hurt...well Scott is probably playing in the minors for the rest of his career.

look for clemmer to stink up the ice for florida with those fat rebounds he gives up.

look for clemmer to stink up the ice for florida with those fat rebounds he gives up.

+1, a team like Florida will not be kind to those rebounds....