Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brickwall30

possible christmas come early present!!!

35 posts in this topic

Good to see things haven't changed much around here. ;)

:yay: dew :boogie:

gosh, i'm lovin' njdevs right now.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

</Pee Wee Herman>

There's a new article on this at TSN.ca - http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283730

They point out Lou made a paperwork mistake in 2000 and had to pay the price for Madden and Rafalski. Of course, it was 9 years ago, but if the league wants to be consistent, it should unleash Barker, Versteeg and co.

There's a new article on this at TSN.ca - http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283730

They point out Lou made a paperwork mistake in 2000 and had to pay the price for Madden and Rafalski. Of course, it was 9 years ago, but if the league wants to be consistent, it should unleash Barker, Versteeg and co.

My initial reaction was the Blackhawks wouldn't get dinged for this but the more that is written the more it seems to me like the Blackhawks will lose out.

Good to see things haven't changed much around here. ;)

sooo true..off season has always been a little rough around here haha. even in my absent years, its still the same forum i remember when i was 16. :P

in lou we trust! i'm keeping the faith :koolaid:

The Devils got burnt for it, the Hawks should too. At the very least they should be forced to pay the players market value. It's their own fault for screwing themselves if they lose anyone.

Edited by ghdi

If we signed Rafalski, and didn't sign, say, Rolston, we'd be stuck with one less forward, but I'd imagine would still able to sign Parise next year (difference between Rolston and Rafalski is what, 3 million? So we'd have 5 million + whatever Parise is making now + presumably some extra money to sign Parise. Would you really not sacrifice Zajac for Rafalski?

This is why nobody takes you seriously...first of all there's a $1 million difference (per year) with the Raf and Rolston deals, not three. Secondly keeping Raf perhaps makes Oduya less of a priority - or Salvador last offseason, and the Devils would have had to spend that money on a forward without Rolston. You can't look at moves in a vaccum, every action has a seperate reaction.

And you'd seriously rather have a 35+ year old defenseman over a talented, young center that's not yet 25?! When we have a lack of center depth to begin with? I love Raf but if you offered the Wings that trade they'd probably laugh among themsleves after saying yes.

Edited by Hasan4978

If the Devils got burned then the Blackhawks should aswell. Although I doubt we get either of these guys, fair is fair.