Thanks John

arena2004

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2009/7/3/93743...-season-the-new

"It's true. The New Jersey Devils are the second best team in the NHL since the 1993-1994 season.

You see, one aspect of Devils fans - and I suppose this is true of all fandom - is how a certain few have such a poor opinion of the Devils. That since the Devils haven't done well in the playoffs or that their rosters don't look as good or that in spite of all these wins, they suck. A clear case of "what have you done for me lately." I understand that you shouldn't live in the past and the expectations for the Devils are higher than most, but at the same time, it's not to be thrown away as an afterthought either. When I hear that the Devils "suck" from a Devils fan, I honestly question that fan's perspective. Teams that suck are bad hockey teams, they are not successful teams, and they are clearly below average to the point that you have to refer to their performance as a verb. Yes, this is all based on anecdotal evidence, I'm not calling anyone out, and I'm sure every fanbase has this sentiment. Still, it's worth addressing as my initial thought is that the Devils aren't even below average, much less well below that mark!"

Tell these 2nd and 3rd generation youngsters to stop the whining and enjoy the ride with Lou and Marty. To funny to see these young kids more concerned about dropping coin instead of looking at a system that wins you banners and Cups!

Some guilty old farts here also more concerned about the rags and filthy who don't understand how to spend their millions while Lou just keeps putting competitive product on the ice year after year without a top 5, 10 or 15 draft pick. He continues to dismay other GM's and the NHL as a whole regardless and they all worry what is up his sleeve!

Enjoy watching a genius of a GM make NY, Philly, Boston, Toronto and the Isle look silly while he has much more space to make moves at trade deadline and cap space to sign while other teams overpaid to get front page news.

Thanks Lou.

Edited by arena2004

If i'm not mistaken, it's actually centripotal force, or Fc, that deals with rotation towards a pole of spheres. Not that we're getting technical on LucifersDog, or anything.

ah, I can never remember which is which, think you're right though

Edited by metallidevils

Centrifugal force is just the equal but opposite force of the applied centripetal force. Because of Newton's Third Law, there has to be a force that opposes centripetal force, so it was given the name centrifugal force. However, it's not really a measured, calculated force; it's more of a concept that was created to stay consistent with Newton's Three Laws. So, in the end, I think it's fair to say that you're both right. :)

Edit: sh!t, I logged on to talk hockey.

Edited by devils26

Centrifugal force is just the equal but opposite force of the applied centripetal force. Because of Newton's Third Law, there has to be a force that opposes centripetal force, so it was given the name centrifugal force. However, it's not really a measured, calculated force; it's more of a concept that was created to stay consistent with Newton's Three Laws. So, in the end, I think it's fair to say that you're both right. :)

Yeah. Like I said, unicorns. Magical unicorns.

Heh. I didn't realize how bad it had been for Calgary until I looked at the "Playoffs since 1994" chart. Eight playoff appearances, 7 first round exits. No wonder a few of them were concerned about bringing in a coach that can't get out of the first round. :)

As much as I agree with the article that we should thank Lou for 1994 thru 2003, I don't think that should stop people from criticizing the lack of results in recent years. In the words of the other successful Jackson, 'What have you done for me lately?'

And just to get this back on topic: You are all wrong. It's fairy dust.

Centrifugal force is just the equal but opposite force of the applied centripetal force. Because of Newton's Third Law, there has to be a force that opposes centripetal force, so it was given the name centrifugal force. However, it's not really a measured, calculated force; it's more of a concept that was created to stay consistent with Newton's Three Laws.

Isn't this Johnny Mac's offensive strategy for PP ??????????

The Force? You mean like...

:unsure: I guess it's a possibility.

And rainbows...you forgot about the rainbows.

When you talk about unicorns it is understand that you are speaking about rainbows as well.

Isn't this Johnny Mac's offensive strategy for PP ??????????

:lol::lol::lol: But the physics part has actually been proven to be successful.

If that is what it is, no wonder he has to bring out the whiteboard every time he explains it.

:rofl: With the way our power play has been working, I think we might need to bring in Steven Hawking to explain everything.

fvcking nerds...

Wonderful. You seem like quite the genius yourself.