President Urges Public Patience on Economy

This guy is asking America to be patient while he promised a "shovel ready" stimulus? Obama clearly lacks any skills overseas or within his OWN PARTY as he's telling AMERICA to be patient while he mortgaged away our childrens future?!

This is not a sound bite! Fact! This President will not only destroy the American Dollar which is the staple of every American family's savings if he passes another stimulus, but will kill what tax base is left... you and me!!!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/us/polit...mp;ref=politics

WASHINGTON

LoonyLams is right. If Obama doesn't have the economy back to the way it was three years ago by close of business Friday, he should be not only impeached but tried for treason.

(Warning: The amount of sarcasm just used can be hazardous to one's health if exposed for lengthy periods. Wear protective gear and keep away from children.)

blah blah right wing babble blah blah blah blah blah

So, THE New York Times jumps on this story? Looks like they're eating their own animal boy... love the fact the liberal media turns on it's own when the sh!t hits the fan.

Chaos on the lib left ensues while you sit in a dorm room posting "blah". The New York Times is fact, so how is this "babble"? hahahhhahah

LoonyLams is right. If Obama doesn't have the economy back to the way it was three years ago by close of business Friday, he should be not only impeached but tried for treason.

The administration admits they did not understand the situation when they proposed the stimulus - that isn't drivel from a message board, that's from the Obama White House. Now they want to offer another stimulus package - what if they are still wrong? This isn't a red v. blue issue, no one gains of the nation continues to fail. What is worse - pointing out that the administration has been wrong so for or blindly believing that in the end they will get it right?

That is my main problem with health care reform - that Obama is trying to push it thru so quickly that it isn't well thought out. The idea of lets just do it and addresss the failures when they arise scares me.

Personally I agree that the stimulus will take time (if it works at all). The problem I've had with that is that when this bill was being voted on the administration's message was that this needed to get passed this instant, that our economy couldn't wait for another day. It was all a bunch of BS urgency to short circuit any public debate.

I still don't agree with the need for a stimulus of this nature (didn't then, don't know) but that contradiction has never sat well with me.

Not even 1/3 of the stimulus money has even been dispersed yet. Its going to take time. It's not something thats going to be immediately fixed and all this whining and crying about it from the right solves nothing. They also provided no alternative ideas.

If the stimulus fails, that sucks and Obama will take the fall, but the full effect is not even close to being felt yet.

Once the monies for the infrastructure starts coming (light rail is a big deal here in VA) that will create jobs and such.

Obama has said from the start its going to take time. There is no "lightning in the bottle" that is going to fix this.

Not even 1/3 of the stimulus money has even been dispersed yet. Its going to take time. It's not something thats going to be immediately fixed and all this whining and crying about it from the right solves nothing. They also provided no alternative ideas.

Obama has said from the start its going to take time. There is no "lightning in the bottle" that is going to fix this.

I hope the whining applies to Biden who admits they underestimated the problem. Or is that not whining because he's on the left.

http://thepage.time.com/key-quotes-from-bi...n-the-stimulus/

I don't believe anyone thinks there is a quick fix solution; the issue is if the stimulus package is jump starting the recovery or if the recovery is just the natural progression of things. Is the money being spent in the best way to stimulate the economy? Probably not, but I'm not an economist and don't pretend to be one.

Oh and Obama won't take the fall, the blame will fall to Bush. That's the nature of politics. It will be the fault of red v. blue, not on the real estate speculators who gutted the Country or the bankers who lied to the Country or the CEOs who led to the tanking of Wall Street. It is easier to blame one person then come to the realization that many of our so called brothers in this Country stabbed us in the back.

Edited by SC Devs Fan

That is my main problem with health care reform - that Obama is trying to push it thru so quickly that it isn't well thought out. The idea of lets just do it and addresss the failures when they arise scares me.

He's not doing this by accident. Because if people actually thought about this, well who am I kidding nobody thinks on their own anymore. But call it 'change' and make some cool pictures, it will get through in no time.

If the stimulus fails, that sucks and Obama will take the fall, but the full effect is not even close to being felt yet.

Once the monies for the infrastructure starts coming (light rail is a big deal here in VA) that will create jobs and such.

If it takes time, then why is the administration floating the idea of yet another stimulus package?

Even if they had another idea ( Isnt doing nothing an idea?), it wouldnt really matter though, would it? Its not like it would be considered.

Edited by NCDevsFan
  • Like 1

If it takes time, then why is the administration floating the idea of yet another stimulus package?

Even if they had another idea ( Isnt doing nothing an idea?), it wouldnt really matter though, would it? Its not like it would be considered.

Wait, the admistration is starting second stimulus talk? I thought it was from some other Democrat in the House/Senate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.