Devils Name Jacques Lemaire Head Coach

nmigliore

Jacques Lemaire returns for his second stint as the Devils' head coach

The Devils are hoping to recapture their Stanley Cup glory by bringing back the head coach that guided them to their first championship.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello finally ended the suspense this afternoon when he announced during a conference call that he has hired Jacques Lemaire to succeed Brent Sutter as the team's head coach.

IT'S A TRAP!

haha well at least john maclean is going to coach lowell now. who was coaching there, kleinendorst?

Johnny Mac going to Lowell is good for him. If he's ever going to get a head coaching job might as well see if he can actually handle the position at the AHL level before just handing him the reigns to an NHL team.

i'm so disappointed that i just don't care.

i'm serious - lou knows what he knows and is so resistant to risk or change. he dipped his toe in with sutter and only got burned because the guy was a two faced prick.

there was that quote that some agent said "its pretty obvious how they do it in NJ no matter what's going on with a coach or anything else."

this is a franchise standing still and its disappointing.

haha well at least john maclean is going to coach lowell now. who was coaching there, kleinendorst?

Mac's finally gonna get some head coaching experience. I kinda like that Lemaire's gonna have one of his own assistants with him too.

i'm serious - lou knows what he knows and is so resistant to risk or change. he dipped his toe in with sutter and only got burned because the guy was a two faced prick.

there was that quote that some agent said "its pretty obvious how they do it in NJ no matter what's going on with a coach or anything else."

This pretty much sums up how I feel about this. There is potential there for this to work but on the other hand this could be a very pivotal decision for this team but not in a good way.

I really respect Lemaire but the guy is old and it's hard to figure out what the plan is here. Is he just a place holder until a better option comes along? I don't know. It just seems that one way or another the Devils we'll find themselves in the exact same boat within the next couple of years.

twice he has won the Adams Trophy ! maybe it was the players, the expectations, or him. but it was twice...

It is clear that Lou thinks Johnny Mac needs time as a HC before taking the reins.

.....and its good to see Stevens "assist" and join the coaching staff in lowell. What better player could possibly help and teach our younger defenseman in lowell..