Brian Rolston happy to be reunited with Jacques Lemaire

Rock

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/07...es-lemaire.html

Why does Rolston believe he has excelled under Lemaire?

"I don't know exactly, but I like his coaching style," he said. "He allows me to be the player that I am. One of the biggest things with Jacques -- I could tell you a million things about him, but one of the great things with Jacques is he doesn't try changing players. He doesn't expect every player to play the same way. He wants you to play to your strengths and he allows you to do that. A lot of times some coaches push you to do things you're not comfortable with. He just wants you to do what you do best and that's important."

Rolston hopes that being reunited with Lemaire will help him get back to being a 30-goal scorer again.

"I felt that I really didn't play much, as far as I was concerned, with Brent," Rolston said, "I didn't think I played terrible for the ice time that I got (15:06 per game during the regular season). We had a lot of great forwards on our team and it's tough to produce when you're playing 12 minutes a night. It's that simple. I think Brent is a good coach. I'm not going to say anything bad about Brent. I just think that it's pretty easy to see. I just need the opportunity and if I get the opportunity I will score 30 goals."

"I felt that I really didn't play much, as far as I was concerned, with Brent," Rolston said, "I didn't think I played terrible for the ice time that I got (15:06 per game during the regular season). We had a lot of great forwards on our team and it's tough to produce when you're playing 12 minutes a night. It's that simple. I think Brent is a good coach. I'm not going to say anything bad about Brent. I just think that it's pretty easy to see. I just need the opportunity and if I get the opportunity I will score 30 goals."

Is Rolston guaranteeing that he'll score 30 if he isn't stuck on the third or fourth lines?

Is Rolston guaranteeing that he'll score 30 if he isn't stuck on the third or fourth lines?

I doubt that's what he meant, but it sure sounds like it. I love the confidence though.

What will his next excuse be?

Give me a break. This was his first year, under a coach that didn't let him do anything, playing with Rupp and Clarkson. Good luck scoring 30 goals with that.

Except that Rolston was a bit of a dissapointment the first time around too, I'm tired of seeing him do well for other teams while crapping the bed for us. Plus his effort wasn't exactly there all the time last year either. He owes us at least a couple of good seasons.

Edited by Hasan4978