Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USAkid90

Website changes?

158 posts in this topic

As many of you may have noticed we crashed the server hard and the host disabled the website. I am working with the software people and the server host to keep this running. There may still be more downtime.

I apologize that this has not been going smoothly.

I know you're a humble guy and all, but there is nothing to apologize for, in fact we should be sorry for spamming the site!

<3 DM

I was having NJDEVS withdrawls.

DM, you never need to apologize for stuff like this. I was just worried someone had hacked the site and disabled it.

Glad to see it's back up again.

PANIC ATTACK OVER :P

DM, you never need to apologize for stuff like this. I was just worried someone had hacked the site and disabled it.

Glad to see it's back up again.

Don't worry, Rangers fans aren

Very good thing you waited for beta to end :)

I actually figured the worst and thought site got suspended for copyright infringement as it seems every other article was full posts again (with posts afterwards saying cut it down)

Does anyone else have difficultly using the Fast Reply using Firefox? I click in the box and it takes a good 5-10seconds to respond... it use to just be instant for me.

I bet it was all those giant sigs people have that crashed it! :P

Fast Reply works just fine in Firefox, no delay. BTW, it's FF 3.5.

DM, I having trouble getting on my profile as well as other profiles. It keeps sayin error and that I can't view them. What can I do to fix it or is there work still being done?

Profiles are disabled for the moment. Trying to keep out load light so my host doesn't shut us down again.

DM, I having trouble getting on my profile as well as other profiles. It keeps sayin error and that I can't view them. What can I do to fix it or is there work still being done?

I believe DM has disabled that feature until other issues are resolved.

Fast Reply works just fine in Firefox, no delay. BTW, it's FF 3.5.

Odd... Im using 3.5 and have delays I definitely didn't have before the upgrade. If no one else has it, I guess I'll just deal...

I also have it happening on FF 3.5 and IE 6. Click in window, wait 10 seconds...

Yeah man no need to apologize..

But my friends were all making fun of me because I was freaking out and checking the site every few minutes!!

I also have it happening on FF 3.5 and IE 6. Click in window, wait 10 seconds...

Yep, I just tried in IE with the same results. I'm using Vista 64... IE 64... FF is running in 32 bit mode.

As many of you may have noticed we crashed the server hard and the host disabled the website. I am working with the software people and the server host to keep this running. There may still be more downtime.

I apologize that this has not been going smoothly.

I got a little freaked out lol i tried using NJDevs on my phone for the first time since the upgrade figuring to check out this new mobile phone; i thought i got MY account suspended or something lmao

that being said, no worries DM. you run this site more then well and everyone makes mistakes

I got a little freaked out lol i tried using NJDevs on my phone for the first time since the upgrade figuring to check out this new mobile phone; i thought i got MY account suspended or something lmao

Me too. I was wondering what I did/said worthy of a suspension. :D

Edited by Don

DM, are there any issues with PM's? It tells me i can't use PM's and i get an error message. Is it a temporary glitch or am i doing something wrong under the new software?

Thanks,

Ken

Me too. I was wondering what I did/said worthy of a suspension. :D

isnt it obvious? you're canadian!

I thought I had been banned, too, and to myself said, "I didn't think the overdubbing of the GI Joe cartoon was THAT offensive."

DM, no need to apologize its your site. All though I thought something was wrong on my end until the site came back up and you said what was wrong. It was scary to see for a while that this site was down. :P

DM, you have to do what ever it takes to make the site better even if it is down for a while there is no need to apologize. We all know you are making things better for this site and the new skin and upgrades will take sometime to work out. No worries here DM. B )

My ignore list is still intact. :boogie:

ETA That mark this forum read is a tad tiny.

Edited by StarDew

DM, no need to apologize its your site. All though I thought something was wrong on my end until the site came back up and you said what was wrong. It was scary to see for a while that this site was down. :P

DM, you have to do what ever it takes to make the site better even if it is down for a while there is no need to apologize. We all know you are making things better for this site and the new skin and upgrades will take sometime to work out. No worries here DM. B )

+1. just the fact that you pay to have this site up should make everyone happy.

Well I got my email back up and running. Seems a lot of you thought you did something ban worthy and were pleading for mercy.

One of you even went out of your way to call me names...

Are you people kidding me?

Look it, if you didn't like my response, tough sh*t.

You go ahead and play big bad cop by trying to tell me I'm 'hijacking' a

post - when in fact it was nothing even closely resembling that.

If you're looking for boot lickers chief, you got the wrong guy.

Dino Costa

Ahh, thanks for the laugh Dino.

Sweet, I just noticed that private message emails contain the content now, so you don't have to log in to see what someone said.

Thanks for the responses people I do appreciate that. I am currently working on getting us back to normal with profiles and search. Also talking to the skin people, there is too many irregularities for this to be Pro quality.