Game 5: New Jersey At Ottawa

Weekes Head

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree -- they just weren't ready to play tonite. The sad thing is, neither were the Sens. Now Ott will come out like a wrecking ball on Wed. Better get the first goal in Game 6, or the Devs' sticks are gonna get real tight . . .

Damn what an anemic display of offense.

I dont expect to win every series 4-1, but damn if we didnt have them on the ropes. sh!t all we needed to do to go to the SCF is win ONE PERIOD. JUST ONE!!!!! We needed to finish them off, I've been worried about this with Ottawa having game 7 at home.. I dont feel good about a game 6 in NJ with all this pressure now on the Devils. IMO this team doesnt handle pressure well. God I hope I am so so wrong.

Clement is so f*cking stupid. Reviewing the one that hit the crossbar? Has to be done by the first whistle, which was the bogus penalty.

Didn't he learn that 2 games ago?

I think he was just mocking the goal judges.

i would rather blame this on home cooking with the refs. that coupled with 2 terrible devils mistakes that had no business being made.

wednesday is game 7. hopefully it'll end up better than the last game 7 (or 6) this team played late in the playoffs (avs).

The Devils let this one slip by, they had the Senators on the ropes at times. The first goal Brodeur was left to himself on that. He had to stop like 3-4 shots before it went in. I think the Defense let him down on that. The second goal was a fluke, most times Marty sees the puck and stops it. Third was a nice goal by the rook Spezza.

Devils better come out pounding and then play their game wednesday. A game 7 is playing with fire against the senators now that they have some life.

Bring Dano back. The Devs need the good kharma.

I refuse to panic. They didn't play a good game. Refs made bad calls. Marty didn't have his A game and we know that doesn't happen two games in a row. IT ENDS IN SIX! ONE MORE WIN! LETS GO DEVILS!

That win was just all pure LUCK for the Sens.

2nd goal, all luck.

Had the refs on their side. Refs were screaming I WANT THE SENATORS TO WIN with the way they called this game.

This series is OVER on Wedesday.

I wanted to rub that Prince of Wales trophy in their faces in their building but that didn't happen and I will have to accept the Devs winning it in front of me on Wedesday, which I will accept.

Go out and get them in Game 6. Just hope the officiating doesn't hand the Sens another game.

Remeber, Ottawa needs to win 2 games, not the Devils. Tonight was as bad as game 4 in Boston. Marty wasn't that bad though. More like nice plays from the Sens, and mistakes.

No worries. This team will not be this bad 2 nights in a row.