Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chimaira_Devil_#9

THE SWEDE WATCH

134 posts in this topic

Josefson just scored a goal in game 5, and he now has 5 points in the finals (if I heard the commentators right).

He did indeed score in game 5 in a 5-4 loss. Tedenby had an assist on HV71's 4th goal.

HV now leads the series 3-2 going into tomorrow nights game 6.

JJ has 3 goals and 2 assists in the playoffs so far.

Matti has 2 goals and 3 assists in the playoffs so far.

Most of those points have come in the final series, both guys have really stepped it up at the crunch time of the season. something the Devils will need in the furute if they are going to have any sucsess in the NHL.

Oh and although Brandon are strugling against Calgary in the WHL Alex Urbom is still playing well.

In wednesdays 4-3 loss he had a goal and was a +2 for the night, which was a team high.

Congratulations to Mattias Tedenby and HV71 after being crowned Svenska Mästare 10 :cheers:

They took the title in game 6 winning 3-2. Again the game went to suddent death OT and again it was HV who prospered. Teemu Laine scored the winning goal.

Neither prospect put up any points during the final match.

So that wraps up the swedish season for 2009-10.

I will update all the final stats on the front page and add them here as well.

Alex Urbom's season also came to an end at the weekend with Brandon losing 6-1 to the Calgary Hitmen.

Alex was again held of the scoresheet and was a minus one for the night.

tedenby1004255435353DSC_018.jpg

Matti with his girlfriend at the homecoming.

Article here:

http://www.jnytt.se/nyhet/31842/sa-firade-hv-stjarnorna-guldet-hela-natten

Also after reading a few article on reaction to the game it would seem Tedenby and Josefson collided at 2.22 in the first period. Josefson came off much worse from the incident and actually suffered a haemorrhage to his knee.

Most seem to think it was an accident.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/elitserien/djurgarden/article7015176.ab

Also one last bit on Josefson's contract:

A few bits translated taken from this article (if any of you guys out there who can read swedish can give us a better overview than google translator then please do):

Djurgarden now hope to keep Josefson for next season. But New Jersey has rights and can be coryza(????) Djurgarden on 19-year-old.
But with the new NHL contract will not help the agent and pretended not about New Jersey's interest.

- New Jersey has a lot of interest and follow him closely. My last meeting with manager Lou Lamoriello was that they are very satisfied and want to talk to me again after the season is over.

New Jersey has until 15 July to decide, provided that the new contract with Djurgården becomes clear. Since Josefson was drafted in the first round is not the ability to play with Djurgarden if he would not take place in the Devils.

Because of the translation i dont know what to make of that.

Link

Also one last bit on Josefson's contract:

A few bits translated taken from this article (if any of you guys out there who can read swedish can give us a better overview than google translator then please do):

Because of the translation i dont know what to make of that.

Link

That last quote seems to say (going from the translation) that the Devil's contract would override the one he supposedly signed. Possibly part of the new transfer agreement? Or maybe his new contract has an out clause?