Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metallidevils

2009 Scarlet Knights thread!

83 posts in this topic

The coaching was highly suspect. The defense had absolutely no idea how to defend against the cincy offense. someone was open on every play, and it was the worst defensive showing i've ever seen. Our offense had 9 straight first down runs. Savage is obviously better/more poised than Natale, but the coaches couldn't see that? And Jabu still gets to play? This loss is on the coaches. There is no way a defense looks that bad if they are prepared for the game.

+1 metallidevils on the _efensive showing and obvious LAC of prep.

But now we should see Savage :pray: the rest of the season, and yes, I think Jabu and Natale will still get 3 plays a game or a series of downs. They are seniors. :noclue:

Crasher continues to hope that he doesn't annually spend a thousand bucks on the most disappointing team in new jersey but every year it still manages to work out that way

the Nets??? :P

and no I never spent a DIME on those Rutgers tickets

though I did get to see a Coyotes and Leafs game as the +1 :thumbsup:

I just got annoyed at the force-feed treatment and absurd level of smugness and over-rating of the program by it's own fan base....

don't get me wrong it's nifty that they actually get to a who-cares Bowl and run the score up on some equally trashy mid-tier team, and yes it's a big step up for a program that I've seen half their history's home wins in three seasons... but the way the general perception was from all the people I dealt and interacted with when I was there (and trust me it was plenty to avoid my GF at the time :P)... they felt they were the next up and coming powerhouse in college football which was simply put.... retarded!!! And the attitude annoyed me much like the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials do!

I wonder what kind of turn out there will be for the next game after that terrible loss.

People kept showing up last year after the 1-5 start and a similar loss to Carolina so they'll probably keep coming again

I just got annoyed at the force-feed treatment and absurd level of smugness and over-rating of the program by it's own fan base....

don't get me wrong it's nifty that they actually get to a who-cares Bowl and run the score up on some equally trashy mid-tier team, and yes it's a big step up for a program that I've seen half their history's home wins in three seasons... but the way the general perception was from all the people I dealt and interacted with when I was there (and trust me it was plenty to avoid my GF at the time :P)... they felt they were the next up and coming powerhouse in college football which was simply put.... retarded!!! And the attitude annoyed me much like the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercials do!

what is wrong with the Mac commercials??... I'm kidding. Did you ever see the south park episode about the people who bought the prius cars and the big smug cloud that threatened the town? With that being said...GO USC!! lol

Why is this a big deal? At least they generate some excitement. I've seen the Devils win 3 stanley cups, and they still get no respect even in their own state. Part of the positive perception is from the rutgers athletics marketing which has done a fantastic job. some of those guys should be hired by the devils.

People kept showing up last year after the 1-5 start and a similar loss to Carolina so they'll probably keep coming again

yeah i had season tickets last year with my friend. He still has them because he stayed local for college, but anyway that UConn kicker saved our asses last year haha

it was good to get to a game. Savage looked good, should of thrown two picks tho but one thing i noticed is that he looks very comfortable in the pocket. looks real good for a freshman in his first game as a starter

they seem to trust Brooks more than Martinek now or at least using him more and more as the game goes on. Joe's been struggling a little in the beginning while Brooks looked much better yesterday

Maryland's looked even worse than us so far so we should beat them...emphasis on should

fun homecoming game. stayed til the very end even though it was freezing.

me too. we had to sit on the pavement in the standing room section at the bottom so the wind couldn't hit us but it was worth it

Ray rice was impressive in his game yesterday. It was the 1st time I had seen him in the NFL.

how did none of the UConn players catch him? I knew he was fast, but geez

Brown and Sanu outran the entire secondary. Did you see Sanu coming in for a block? He's probably faster than Brown, and he was just coasting at the end.

The bar I was at absolutely exploded at the end. I've watched that ending replay at least five times already.

awesome game...but on the other hand...i felt so bad for the players and especially the coach, things are really not going their way lately

awesome game...but on the other hand...i felt so bad for the players and especially the coach, things are really not going their way lately

two weeks in a row a bad loss for UConn after the murder. Things couldn't get much worse for them