Devils Sign Andrew Peters To 2-year Contract

Rock

Heh. :giggle:

I think this is a decent signing. We basically needed to pick up a heavyweight and we got one. We'd get eaten alive by the Flyers if we didn't pick up somebody. Clarkson needs to fight less and PL3 just isn't big enough to take on the big guys. I'm sure Peters will get in better shape and get his head in the game more as the season goes along, he's probably just really rusty.

Heh. :giggle:

I think this is a decent signing. We basically needed to pick up a heavyweight and we got one. We'd get eaten alive by the Flyers if we didn't pick up somebody. Clarkson needs to fight less and PL3 just isn't big enough to take on the big guys. I'm sure Peters will get in better shape and get his head in the game more as the season goes along, he's probably just really rusty.

nah he flat out just sucks. Outstanding move bu Lou especially feeling the need to lock this turd down for 2 years. Who's the Flyers heavyweight by the why they have a handful that fight but unless you're Mark Fraser who are you so scared of?

Edited by titans04

I'm more afraid of that gap-toothed douche taking a run at Parise. Clarkson can protect himself but Zach needs a little help.

I dont think he'd go for a big name with no cause. Clarkson on the other hand will be asking for it .

That was a cute clip :giggle: He seriously reminds me of my dog! Darwin is just fat and white like that... not fat fat - just out of shape a little -- Darwin that is.

Looking forward to Peters introducing himself to the NYC Metro area with the pummeling of Donald Brasher.

funny how everybody talks about the first fight they had that season where he got the slight edge not the 2nd fight that same season where he lost by a wider margin. Can't wait to see him leaning back on his heels ducking while ocassionally throwing a looping right hand over the top, maybe.

Just a gut (no pun intended) that this had as much to do with Peters influence in the locker room as on the ice. We have a ton of quiet leaders (Brodeur, Langs, Elias, Parise, etc.)and we need an affable, outgoing type in the locker room and the media. Especially one that can kick your a** once you're on the ice. I just get the feeling the guys like him and it's a chemistry thing as much as anything.

Just a gut (no pun intended) that this had as much to do with Peters influence in the locker room as on the ice. We have a ton of quiet leaders (Brodeur, Langs, Elias, Parise, etc.)and we need an affable, outgoing type in the locker room and the media. Especially one that can kick your a** once you're on the ice. I just get the feeling the guys like him and it's a chemistry thing as much as anything.

If he can lead than I'll be happy with this deal.

Why do you sign a person just to off set the presence of brahsear & flyer thugs. Sign a guy to play 3-4 mins per game. Atleast pl3/pik have a little skill.

I don't get his signing. Lou likes the thug types, needless to say.

Why do you sign a person just to off set the presence of brahsear & flyer thugs. Sign a guy to play 3-4 mins per game. Atleast pl3/pik have a little skill.

I don't get his signing. Lou likes the thug types, needless to say.

Lou doesn't like thug types....He likes tough guys that can skate a solid shift. Look at the guys Lou has had (Oliwa as an exception). McKenzie, Stevenson, Marshall, Asham, Clarkson, Crash Line....He likes tough guys that can actually play the game. Janssen didn't last long here.

Peters can skate a shift and not embarass himself, just give him a chance. PL3 the same thing.

And whoever said Peters was signed for locker room leadership, that is probably part of the case as well.

Edited by Souray44

I don't know as much about Peters as everyone else, but I do think it is important to have some bangers and bruisers on this team. The trick really is in finding a banger that can also contribute in other ways.

Edited by 95Crash