GDT: Philadelphia @ DEVILS 10/3/09 - 7pm

overtime98

alright, final verdict is not a clean goal. looks like Sal might have chopped Richards stick up? very weird. doesn't look like it actually hit Sal's stick, like Chico says.

I've been to like one Rangers game and it wasn't as bad as this game in my opinion. And a majority of Rangers fans don't have to commute 2 hours to watch a game either.

maybe in that one section. there weren't that many Flyers fans there.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

116 and 117 were almost entirely Flyers fans, what are you talking about "nice try"? They all bussed up here and were all seated together. Got into at least one drunken fight with one another too, which was...strange.

Yeah I saw both 116 and 117 as the top part of the sections were orange with Flyers fans. What I was saying "nice try" was the statement saying that, "the Flyers fans were louder than the Devils fans", which was FAR from the truth. Around the entire arena the Devils fans were loud for the most part of the game.

Edited by SatansDevils

Tough opening night. The team seems very out of sync at the moment.

Hopefully the new lines can build chemistry quick.

Talked to Doc after the game a bit and he seemed concerned also.

Quite a few Flyers fan showed their expected classless side also.

I was in section 18 row 5. Went to Hell's Kitchen for the first time. Fun place.

Yeah I saw both 116 and 117 as the top part of the sections were orange with Flyers fans. What I was saying "nice try" was the statement saying that, "the Flyers fans were louder than the Devils fans", which was FAR from the truth. Around the entire arena the Devils fans were loud for the most part of the game.

It was loud til Mr.Softy showed up then it got a lot quieter.

What got me was, the Flyers didn't even play that great of a game, the Devils just managed to shoot themselves in the foot at every turn, those two 5-3's practically handed the game to them and they didn't run with it. I guess the good news is I dodged the extra list bullet at work tonight and got to come home afterwards, I was there with a Amtrak friend of mine and he said anyone with a Flyers jersey on is getting kicked off his train in North Philly tonight.

I was in sec 230 row 5, and in row 4 there were some flyers fans, who were, well a$$holes..

For the most part, Devs fans were loud until we were getting pounded. Marty let in 3 soft as fvck goals. the wrap around, the glove and the 5hole. Our rokkies arent clicking. Didnt like the D too much either. We had the chances, but couldnt put them in the back of the net. Eh its game 1 of a looong season ahead, hopefully we get it right down the stretch. The only thing im concerned at it that if we play like this monday, im going to have to llisten all the rags fags that invade our fvcking arena. LETS BE LOUD MONDAY!

That game was just painful :(

When Rollie scored that first goal I somehow retrieved some hope but Marty decided that 4 goals were not enough for him and he gave the Flyers another easy goal :doh1:

I just hope that our lines regain some chemistry and that our PP gets going...Rollie fired a good one but he needs to fire some of these when we are still in tha game ;)

New coaching staff, new system, new players, young players, new lines all these things need time to improve and will with the chemistry and smoothing the rough edges.

Stopping the puck by the goaltender is not effected by the above, not if they are soft goals. Marty stunk, period.

Panic has always set in when Marty lets in soft goals but last night this team continue to play and scored. I give them credit for that.

Let's move on to Monday night.

I just want to add that I think the biggest problem is that the only kind of attack we generated

especially during the first 2 periods was zz-pops. After that the goals we got from the special teams were too little too late. The power-play was embarrassing and marty played terribly. It will definitely be a wake up call though. Marty will bounce back as he always does, and I'm sure the coaching staff already let the guys have it. We need a better power-play and we need to start generating offence from 4 lines, not 1. Once that happens, and once everyone gets used to playing with each other, we will start dominating.

You know... The Rangers suck chant is cool and all... Butwhen we are down 5-1 in the third period and the Flyers fans are laughing us out of our own building... ITS fvckING EMBARASSING. The Rangers are winning, we are getting our asses handed to us and we are chanting that the Rangers suck... Wow...

I've been saying the same thing for years.

I like the chant. It usually doesn't bother me when we do it while playing other teams. But damn, when we're losing to our second-biggest rival (some might even say first-biggest) and their fans are cheering on their team in our own building, where our own players can hear it -- that is NOT the time to be thinking about the Rangers chant. It makes it seem like we don't even care about the game.

That game was just painful :(

When Rollie scored that first goal I somehow retrieved some hope but Marty decided that 4 goals were not enough for him and he gave the Flyers another easy goal :doh1:

I just hope that our lines regain some chemistry and that our PP gets going...Rollie fired a good one but he needs to fire some of these when we are still in tha game ;)

See I would have had hope of a comeback except I knew Marty'd crap the bed one or two more times after the way he looked in the second period. Even some shots that went through the crease and barely missed the net got by him when he could have stopped it.

The lines never had any chemistry in the first place, that's what happens when you integrate a ton of new players in camp and can't really set lines because everyone's got to get a fair chance. That'll improve though.

Oh and I found this myself last night in a board search (I know 2MA uses a version of it but it was invented here and I had to have it in my recap :P):

brodeur.jpg

Edited by Hasan4978

Historically Brodeur bounces back solid. With the Rangers on tap I hope we see a completely different Brodeur.

Bergfors was impressive and skated hard, a welcome addition to the forwards. And Murphy while he gave up a couple of bad giveaways had some promising shots and chances.

Peters... ugh can they give him the Shanahan service and ship him out?

We need a better power-play and we need to start generating offence from 4 lines, not 1. Once that happens, and once everyone gets used to playing with each other, we will start dominating.

With the lineup that we sent out last night, I think we should be satisfied if we can get offense from two lines. When Elias returns, however, everything changes.

as far as flyers fans go, i just read in the local paper that JVR had 100 friends and family at the game. sucks, but we may have to get used to that.

overall, the game was lousy, but i thought there were some bright spots, particularly our forwards, who i thought played alright. emery has come out strong these past two games. i think we just need to give these guys time to gel, and getting patty back ASAP won't hurt either.

in my opinion, it was our defense, which is criminally average, and marty not being marty that will ultimately be the downfall of this team. i knew we were in trouble when i saw how happy everybody was with the oduya signing. he's a 3rd pairing guy, yet he's supposedly one of our better d-men, which says everything we need to know about this group. losing shanny wasn't so bad this offseason, it was not improving our defense that will ultimately hurt us.

Find one team that Oduya is a "3rd pairing guy". For chrissakes, we lose one game and our team all magically turns into doggy-doo-doo.

it would make a better argument for you to believe it, but this was not based on one game. i watched every game last season too. and the season before that etc...

i was never the fan of oduya that everyone else is. and i wasn't as excited by his signing this year as a lot of people. he's not a top d-man, just on a team with average defenseman he stands out. and i don't think he stands out that much at all.

also, i didn't say the team played like doggy doo. i complimented our forwards for the game they played last night, even though there is room for improvement, which i think over time will come.

Edited by xxchaznjxx

Marty can you say the word "ownership"?????

"Not really his best game," Lemaire said. "It's kind of tough for him. He got a couple of easy goals on him and after that, he was maybe questioning himself a little bit. But hey, it's one game, no big deal."

But Marty says:

" "We couldn't score on our power play, then they get back, they score a goal and from there it just kind of went south on us," Brodeur said."

"Martin Brodeur, who allowed five goals on 27 Flyers shots, said he heard the mock cheers and some boos.

"What's new? When the team isn't playing well they're not going to praise you," he said. "It's disappointing for everybody, a situation like that. I hate to break the news to you, but it's going to happen again. If we don't perform, people won't be happy. That's the nature of everything.""

Marty where is the "we" in "I"? Marty the Devils fans were clapping when you stopped a puck. The boos and mock cheers were directed at you.

It's easy to be a "broken record" when Marty feeds me all the time.

it would make a better argument for you to believe it, but this was not based on one game. i watched every game last season too. and the season before that etc...

i was never the fan of oduya that everyone else is. and i wasn't as excited by his signing this year as a lot of people. he's not a top d-man, just on a team with average defenseman he stands out. and i don't think he stands out that much at all.

this isn't a good argument. no, he's not a star defenseman, but he is without doubt a top 4 D on just about every team in the league. he's a strong skater who makes good decisions with the puck. losing him would've been deadly, or haven't you seen the contracts being handed out to defensemen recently? he's above average.