njdevil26

GDT: 10/5/09 Rangers @ Devils 7pm

355 posts in this topic

i don't see zach parise producing 90 points ever either.

I can only hope thats sarcasm. You do know he hit 94 pts last year, right?

Edited by devlman

I usually just come in with zero expectations. Especially with this team.

My expectations weren't all that high to begin with ...

Right. I mean I know we're the Devils, the team that always competes, but ... roughly speaking, we have one potential superstar, a handful of good-to-very good players, a bunch of role players and a bunch of question marks.

stupid images

yes i was being sarcastic

Edited by Triumph

zetterberg played against crosby, that i know for sure.

and the ducks broke up the moen, pahlsson, niedermayer trio last year and sent each to the four corners of the world because they weren't getting it done, none of them can score. staal is the huge awesome checking liner btw on pittsburgh.

the point is that a player who provides little or no offense is going to provide little defense as well. if you can't keep the puck in the other team's end it's coming back into yours. the future of the NHL is strength on strength.

which is why I like the "vanilla grindy system" which is not fancy enough for the Pepperkorns of the world. if you reduce the game to half-court battles and can keep the puck in their court consistantly, you're well on the way to winning.

It is only two games into the season BUT...

Is there too many young guys on this Devils team for the "youth movement" to begin? Just have to wonder after the first two games of the season. Right now I would have to think Shanahan would be a lot better than having Pikkaranen or Pelley in the line up right now. At least Shanahan gives the Devils a chance to score more goals than just 2 goals per game. It may also even be better to have Shanahan in the line up instead of Peters because the era of the goons and fighters are becoming extinct. Plus the devils have Clarkson in the line up for every game and we all know he can fight and score goals.

IMO, there is some roster spots right now that are just a waste of time and skates where Shanahan should fill that void. Just a bad move putting Shanahan on waivers.