Colin226

GDT: Devils @ Penguins

104 posts in this topic

The possible lengthy absence of Martin really spoils this otherwise great win. Good to see Bergfors scoring again.

I'm not taking a thing away from the Devils tonight, as they played a terrific game, and after starting off 0-2 I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE here would have signed up for winning 6 out of the next 7. But this was one of those "law of averages"-type games to me...it's hard to get up for all 82 games on the schedule, and though Pittsburgh had moments, this was one of those days where they just didn't have it. They were on a long winning streak and had lost just one game this season...they were bound to lose eventually; of course, you could argue the other way, that the Devils are due to lose a road game soon. A respectable 2 G and 3 A from Bergfors so far in 9 GP...great for Niclas.

The "Law of Averages" doesn't apply when you look at a single game. If you look at a bunch of games, sure, they're bound to lose one. But when looking at a single game, the team's play is really independent of other previous games.

Awesome game what a win against the best in the league. Marty had a good night the defense had a good night and the offense just clicked. With 3 days off maybe the injured Martin and Pando will heal. Just a great win.

They need to learn how to get rid of the puck on the pk. These soft dumps up the boards aren't going to work. Maybe I'm crazy, but I would like to see if Greene can hack it on the pk if this problem doesn't go away. He's mcuh better with the puck than any of our defens, save Oduya. 90% of the time White/Sal as soon as get the puck in the corner they will attempt a weak clear up the boards right to the defensemen. All they have to do is take two steps and look up. Greene has the speed to force the defensemen commit to the line or back off.

Grrrrrreat win!!!! Hope Martin is alright because I don't want to see Murphy in the line up again.

What happened with martin. I was not able to watch game cause im in pa right now and i dont get msg or fsn pitt here. I watched the highlights and what a goal by zach. Great win and great to see the pens streak end.

Edited by marty_is_better30

Penguins PP was 30 or more percent this year and they didnt get one PP goal against us. they were on a 7 game win streak and we ended that. Nice Devils. Good win!

I am on Cloud`9. Tonight's game should NOT be taken for granted, not for one second. This was a statement game, and it really showed me alot from this Devils team. When you're playing the #1 team in the league (who's lost only 1 game all year) you don't really expect to win a 4-1 game. Let there be no mistake... Pittsburgh's a phenomenal squad! You got to back to 1987, the last time a defending Stanley Cup Championship team started the following season with a 9-1 record after the first 10 games. Notwithstanding, as dominant as the Penguins are.. they have only three more wins than the Devils! (and have played one more game likewise)

Great Devils victory tonight, wonderful game played top to bottom. The only 2 negatives: *We probably lost Pando\Martin 3 to 5 weeks. (maybe more) & *MB30 came 9 minutes shy of tying Sawchuk. Other than that, perfect game all around. :gd:

~EDIT~ just checked nhl.com.. only Pitt and the Rags have more wins than the Devs in the Conference. smiley-gen017.gif look who's closing in!

Edited by Beezer34

Wow. That made my night. Going to college in Western/Central PA... I almost got my ass kicked tonight, but wouldn't have cared... I knew more about Penguins players than the bandwagon fans around here do anyhow.. and made sure to call them out on it. Noone knew Rupp was a Devil.. this is why Pens fans are TERRIBLE. They all knew two names, Crosby and that... Mawkin.. Mokin.. Makin fellow?? GREAT GAME GUYS!!!!

We gotta start losing. We'll end up with home ice advantage and we can't win there. Let's finish 8th in the conference, then the parade can be planned.

Wow, did they look great last night. Bergsfor looks like the real deal, he is playing better than Parise did in his first year.

Fraser played a very smart game as well.

What is our record with Andy Greene in the line-up?

That's what I'm talking about!

Wow. Just wow. Clip and Save that game. The definition of "Coming to Play".

P.S. I got stuck with the Pens announcers on CI. What a bunch of whiners. They complained about what they thought were non-calls all night.

I'm really enjoying all the commentary about the trap, aren't you?!

Yea, apparently no one knows how to break it. :P

Those Pens announcers really suck.

Edited by NCDevsFan

Great game overall except for the two injuries. I thought we were on the puck all night and were hitting Pen players when ever they were on the boards. Bergfors is coming out of his shell and Zach had a beauty.

I just hope Martin is alright but It looks bad for him. On Pandos injury it basically opens up a whole new plan.

ZZ Pop

Rolston Zubie Bergy

Halichuk Nieds Clarkson

Zharkov Pelley Pikachu

Oduya Greene

White Salvador

Fraser Corrnente???

Otherwise a big win and Marty came up strong and we had our chances and capitalized I just hope we can continue against Buffalo! :burn:

What is our record with Andy Greene in the line-up?

6-0

Same as Kyle Orton's :evil:

FANTASTIC win top to bottom- absolutely THRILLED with the effort last night... just sucks that Martin and Pando are likely gonna miss some significant time. Martin is irreplaceable.

I said "Marty has to shine tonight" in the last GDT and he played his best game of the year. So I'll say it again. Marty has to shine tonight.

And did he shine? Outstanding game by The Legend himself, Martin Brodeur. Shut down the the mighty offensive Pens who came into last night averaging 3.6 goals per game. Huge road win!

I was watching NHL on the Fly last night and heard the Pens' play-by-play man's calls of each of the Devils goals. Man, what a baby! Each time the Devils scored, his voice was completely unemotional, like if nothing significant happened.

Usually teams' announcers raise their voices at least a little bit when the other team scores. Even Sam Rosen or Jack Edwards acknolwedges that the other teams' goals are special. ... But not that Penguins guy.

He's a straight-up homer all the way.

At least it wasn't as bad as the guy who commented the OT goal in the Cup final.

I was watching NHL on the Fly last night and heard the Pens' play-by-play man's calls of each of the Devils goals. Man, what a baby! Each time the Devils scored, his voice was completely unemotional, like if nothing significant happened.

Usually teams' announcers raise their voices at least a little bit when the other team scores. Even Sam Rosen or Jack Edwards acknolwedges that the other teams' goals are special. ... But not that Penguins guy.

He's a straight-up homer all the way.

He's always like that... it really makes the damn games unwatchable... in that ilk of St. Louis and Colorado....Carolina is pretty bad too (but they have that Ric Flair commercial which is 8 levels of win!)

You can be homerific like San Jose and still credit the other team