TSN's Power Rankings

iamtheprodigy

http://tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=548

Overall, I don't really agree with them, considering that the Devils are behind several stupid teams for no real reason. For example, the Coyotes are ranked third in the league despite having an identical record to ours and losing their last game? :rolleyes: Winning 6 out of 7 is apparently just barely enough to make into the top half of the league? Eh, whatever. Like this quote though:

The former top-ranked team took it on the chin last week

Yeah, they definitely took something on the chin. :uni:

who gives a sh!t? it's october and they don't actually reflect real life standings

Power Rankings never reflect the real life standings unless they're exactly the same as the point standings, which would make them pretty pointless. The idea is to rank the teams not just by points but how hot they are at a given time. It is early in the season and this doesn't decide anything, but it's still a valid way of looking at the play of the teams at this point.

That said, I disagree on a few points, like I mentioned.

Power Rankings never reflect the real life standings unless they're exactly the same as the point standings, which would make them pretty pointless. The idea is to rank the teams not just by points but how hot they are at a given time. It is early in the season and this doesn't decide anything, but it's still a valid way of looking at the play of the teams at this point.

That said, I disagree on a few points, like I mentioned.

Stop making sense. This is the internet!

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I've read them before. I understand their methodology, but that doesn't mean it's the correct methodology. There's got to be some manual override to an inherently subjective rank. If the Oilers have been shut out 3 of the last 4 games, I don't think they should be above a team that's won 5 of its last 6. I don't care who either of the teams are.

I know, I've read them before. I understand their methodology, but that doesn't mean it's the correct methodology. There's got to be some manual override to an inherently subjective rank. If the Oilers have been shut out 3 of the last 4 games, I don't think they should be above a team that's won 5 of its last 6. I don't care who either of the teams are.

a. you are commenting on a weeks old ranking

b. injuries will pull you down and the Devils have had their fair share recently

a. you are commenting on a weeks old ranking

b. injuries will pull you down and the Devils have had their fair share recently

Oh well that they're a week old, it's not when they were taken, it's what was taken. At the time, the Oilers were shut out 3 of the last 4 and Devils had won 5 of their last 6.

Injuries shouldn't pull you down if you're able to overcome them. And the Devils have been able to do that.