Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martyisth3b3st

2010 YANKEES HOT-STOVE THREAD

153 posts in this topic

I don't understand why so many people are freaking out about signing Winn...it's not like he is here to start, he's fine in a bench role.

I agree, but the same could have been said about Swisher last year. You never know how a season will play out ...

I don't understand why so many people are freaking out about signing Winn...it's not like he is here to start, he's fine in a bench role. I'll miss Damon but for the money he wants, it was the right move to walk away, plus he is due to start regressing.

I'm about 90% sure he's going to platoon in left with Gardner, which means he should start somewhere between 60-90 games in LF.

And the signing is fine for the Yankees, since they get better defensively and quicker, which is a lot of what Cashman and (probably) Girardi wanted. I think Winn's OPS will be acceptable in left field for the Yankees, if for no other reason than opposing pitchers will have to pitch to SOMEONE in that lineup, and Winn will see some juicy cuts batting 9th with Jeter following him.