Favorite and least favorite athletes

ghdi

So who are your favorite athletes in individual sports? Post your reasons if you feel like it. List your least favorite as well.

Hockey:

Scott Stevens - all time and overall favorite out of every sport.

Zach - current.

Sean Avery and Darcy Tucker - least.

Soccer:

Henrik Larsson - all time.

Oguchi Onyewu - current.

Ruud van Nistelrooy and Cristiano Ronaldo, and that dude from Jersey who plays for Italy - least.

Football - This was the hardest for me to pick.

Jerry Rice - all time.

Dont really have a current.

Michael Vick and Ben Roethlisberger - least.

Baseball

Derek Jeter - all time and current.

JD Drew and David Eckstein - least.

MMA

Royce Gracie - all time.

GSP - current.

Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell (although I root for Chuck when they fight) - least.

Basketball - Least favorite sport.

Grant Hill - all time and current.

Stephen Jackson and Latrell Sprewell - least.

Wrestling - Yea, its not a "sport" but the wrestling thread is in here and I have fond memories of it.

Ricky Steamboat - all time.

Edge and Jericho - current.

Goldberg - least.

Edited by ghdi

Hockey: current- Jamie Langenbrunner, he's been my favorite since 2002-2003.

Least: anyone on the rangers or carolina.

Baseball: Jose Reyes, I just love the way he plays the game and the energy he brings every day.

Least- A roids.

Football: Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Randy Moss.

Least: Anyone on the jets.

Basketball: Kobe Bryant, he is incredible.

Least- Just about everyone else.

Soccer: Tim Howard because my uncle has been his coach since he was 11 years old in North Brunswick.

Hockey

All time fav: Daneyko and Stevens

Current: Parise and Martin

Least: Sean Avery and Ken Klee

Baseball

All time fav: Mid 80s Dwight Gooden (lol)

Current fav: David Wright

Least: Jose Reyes - someone needs to teach the kid how to play the game.

Football

All time fav: so many past Giants come to mind but i'd have to say LT and Bavarro

Current fav: Steve Smith (NYG)

Least: Romo

Basketball

I hate basketball

Hockey:

Favorite- Patrik Elias, Zach Parise, Dany Heatley, Alexander Semin

Least Favorite- Mike Richards, Scott Hartnell, Danny Briere, Ray Emery, Eric Lindross, Darian Hatcher, Jeff Carter, Riley Cote, Aaron Asham, Kimmo Timmonen, Chris Pronger... Sean Avery

Baseball:

Favorite- Dustin Pedroia, JD Drew, Jason Bay, Jacoby Ellsbury

Least Favorite- Jimmy Rollins, Jason Werth, Ryan Howard, Cole Hamels

Football:

Favorite: Eli Manning, Justin Tuck

Least Favorite: McNabb, Vick, Westbrook, Kearse, Brown

Basketball:

Favorite: Richard Jefferson

Least Favorite: Elton Brand, Rodney Carney, Samuel Dalembert

Guess I'll do the hard thing and limit my choices to one each:

Hockey:

Favorite: John MacLean...just like the Devils of the era he played in, he had to fight and claw for everything he got.

Least: Dale Hunter...one of many guys who've done disgraceful things, but his cheap shot on Pierre Turgeon after Turgeon scored was horrible. Such a flat-out dick move. Actually, on this one I'll make an exception: any a$$hole who ever seriously injured someone with a cheap shot, then whipped up some tears at a press conference to show us all what swell guys they really are.

Football:

Favorite: Tom Brady...with all he's done for the franchise how could he not be?

Least: Brett Favre...he's having a hell of a year in Minnesota, can't deny that, but he's done just as much to kill his teams over the years as he's done to help them. Durable as hell, but a bit of an overrated compiler.

Baseball:

Favorite: Doc Gooden, even though he did a hell of a lot to let his team down. Was so electrifying early on.

Least: Chipper Jones. No matter how he's playing, that fvcker always always ALWAYS kills the Mets.

I get that people hate the Cowboys. I get that people hate Romo. But how on earth can he be your least favorite player in football? Over.. Crayton? TO? Marion Barber? There are so many Cowboys worth hating, but why Romo? He's always classy, does more for charity than many non-profit organizations, never talks smack, always congratulates the winners... I just don't get how he's the worst?

He is a very classy person. He has skill which is why some people hate him.

Favorite

Hockey: Randy McKay (Great character player -- I always rooted for him to do well)

Football: Lawrence Taylor (Loved the way LT played the game -- loved the era he played in)

Basketball: Michael Jordan (The Bulls weren't even my favorite team, but Jordan was the best)

Baseball: Graig Nettles (The first favorite player I had in any sport -- he wore No. 9)

Boxing: Larry Holmes (One of the most underrated heavyweights of all time)

Tennis: John McEnroe (A truly talented & entertaining player)

Least Favorite

Hockey: Mark Messier (Hate him -- do I even have to say why?)

Football: Tony Dorsett (Hated him, his team, and their fans -- when I was a kid)

Basketball: Patrick Ewing (Choke artist)

Baseball: Terry Pendleton (something about him always rubbed me the wrong way)

Boxing: Sugar Ray Leonard (I hated him because he was so good)

Tennis: John McEnroe (Early on in his career, he came off as a spoiled brat)

All time: JJ Redick

Are you gonna buy his rap album?

I forgot boxing:

Favorite: Floyd Mayweather - I love his arrogance and I love that he backs it up.

Least: Ricky Hatton - OVER-RATED (clap, clap, clap) OVER-RATED (clap, clap, clap), Riddick Bowe, Antonio Tarver, Oscar de la Hoya, and that big Valuev bastard that shoulda lost this past weekend.

Edited by ghdi

I get that people hate the Cowboys. I get that people hate Romo. But how on earth can he be your least favorite player in football? Over.. Crayton? TO? Marion Barber? There are so many Cowboys worth hating, but why Romo? He's always classy, does more for charity than many non-profit organizations, never talks smack, always congratulates the winners... I just don't get how he's the worst?

you're right i shouldn't hate him. if he was my favorite team's QB than i could have legit reasons to dislike him. as long as he's a cowboy, keep up the PGA tour dreams Romo!

Simple. He's a phony. You see class in his post-game interviews, I see someone concerned about saying the right thing.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Simple. He's a phony. You see class in his post-game interviews, I see someone concerned about saying the right thing.

Funny I always thought Romo's problem was that he's too mellow. He doesn't tell TO to go f-off after he basically cries conspiracy, and he sure didn't tell Roy Williams to take a hike after his nonsense remarks a few weeks back. Peyton and Brees are nice guys off the field but they'd get in someone's face for that kinda crap in a second.

Romo does get overrated because he's the Cowboy QB with the glamour that comes with it but it's not his fault...I don't remember him pulling a jack--- move the way Sanchez did yesterday, or eating the hot dog a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Hasan4978

*Favorite(s)

-Hockey: Daneyko

-Football: Chrebet

-Baseball: Mattingly

-Soccer: Baggio

-Basketball: Jordan

-Golf: Nicklaus

-Tennis: Sampras

-Boxing: Foreman

-Wrestling: Michaels

--------