Get Rid of 'You Suck'

pattyelias

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hollowing "Rangers Suck" when it is a different team in the barn than the Rangers is stupid. It just confirms how bad Devils at game fans are. It is an embarrassment to the Devils organization and the NHL. This is not a winning strategy for the Devils. Freedom of Speech, yes; what you want to say shows how smart you are.

I'm sure you think it's fine when your fellow Ranger fans yell "Potvin sucks" over and over and over and over again. BUT IT'S A TRADITION MAAAAAANNNNN!!

I've gone back and forth on the Rangers suck chant, and last night was the PERFECT example as to why we do it every night. Moment of silence for VETERAN'S DAY and some complete piece of human garbage yells "LET'S GO RAINJIZZ!!" National anthem, just as there is a pause in the song, some panty waste yells "LET'S GO RAINJUHS!!" Not to mention the group of about six teenaged attention whores decked out in their three year old boy PJs looking Ranger jerseys yelling Let's go Rangers and standing and cheering when the Ducks scored their lone goal. Sorry, but Rangers suck every night wins if these idiots continue to come to our building and act like the @ssholes they all are. The only time I disagree with it is if we're getting blown out in a game or blown out by them.

As for you suck during the goal celebration....I think it's funny. Stupid, but funny. My fear is we lose our goal song over it so I rarely contribute.

Oh, and anyone offended by the word sucks needs to get over themselves. It's replaced stinks. Hell, they say blows on network TV now. It's not 1965 any more.

Edited by skeeter

i'm fine with the rangers suck chant, but it really should only happen once or twice during a game (and ime, this is how it was at CAA). these idiots that want to do it 5 or 6 times - go be drunk somewhere else.

potvin sucks just emphasizes how big a loser franchise the rangers are, and they certainly are that.

Edited by Triumph

i'm fine with the rangers suck chant, but it really should only happen once or twice during a game (and ime, this is how it was at CAA). these idiots that want to do it 5 or 6 times - go be drunk somewhere else.

potvin sucks just emphasizes how big a loser franchise the rangers are, and they certainly are that.

Interesting point.. if the Devils brought back the jingle than people would stop whistling and it would only happen once or twice a game.. That would make a good compromise

Not to mention some of these people REALLY SUCK at whistling.. I mean come on it's not like everyone in the arena will be slapping you high fives cause you're the whistle guy.. They must think it gives them Fireman Ed status :hah:

Not to mention the group of about six teenaged attention whores decked out in their three year old boy PJs looking Ranger jerseys yelling Let's go Rangers and standing and cheering when the Ducks scored their lone goal.

Ha. I saw them leaving the game. The were yelling stuff like "devils suck" and "go rangers." There was an older woman with them (guessing one of their moms) who was just laughing. OBVIOUSLY they didn't know sh!t about hockey... I really don't know y they would go...

but what i do know was that there was this short fat guy following them around chanting the "if u know the rangers suck clap your hands" chant. That was kind funny. Everyone was just kinda looking at him as if to say... "ummmm excuse me, but wtf are u doing, Mr. creeper man?"

Once or twice a game is fine with the "Rangers Suck" chant like it use to be at CAA which is fine. It is getting way ridiculious now at the Prudential Center to where it gets annoying when you are facing other teams. Once or twice is good, not every five minutes of the game.

As for the "You Suck" after goals scored is OK with me and especially if you are WINNING the game. Doing while losing 5-1 to Philadelphia is just plain stupid.

There is a time and place for both chants and it should be used in those situations IMO. Not all the time when it makes absolutely no sense and sometimes it looks dumb. just my two cents on the matter.

Has anyone noticed the "A$$hole" chant when the oppisiton takes a pentaly. I think it has to go but personnaly I think its funny!

1. How about a good old Scotty Stevens, Scotty Stevens, chant after a huge hit.

2. When playing the Rangers a "Hen------rik"!

3. A good old, loud, clear Lets Go Devils!

And maybe for the Flyers a 1975 chant!! :cheers:

Any idiot Rangers fan and Lord knows there are plenty of them, who wears a Rags jersey or shirt to a Devils-Ducks (or any other team besides the NYR), is trying to incite the Devils fan base and stick it to them. This moron showed ZERO respect for his young daughter by putting her in such a verbally volatile situation. What purpose does it serve to wear a Rags t-shirt at a Devils game when their opponent is not the NYR? Only one and this scumbag received exactly what he deserved. Next time leave the shirt or your daughter at home? Your choice sh!tforbrains.

As for the "You Suck" chant? It stays! Let's people know they're in Brick City....Newark, NJ. This town has the reputation so it's about time it lives up to it! You Suck stays and should only be chanted louder. It's so much better than that third world country soccer game chants of "ole". This is a sports arena and a hockey game people, not the ice capades. I cannot understand why anyone would want to bring their young daughter or neice to a hockey game. Do you really believe that they're interested in hockey? please!

As for the "Rangers Suck" chant? A priceless classic. Should it be chanted at non-Rag games? No, I don't believe so, but if it's needed to energize the crowd on a particular evening then so be it. Just have enough respect to say it loudly and proudly.

If anyone disagrees, well then, basically......you suck.......lol......

It's not going to just go away. And I really don't think it's as bad as you guys say. Classless? Come on. It's a hockey game, what do you expect us to chant?

"HEY! You-almost-stopped-that-one-but-we-are-able-to-get-it-past-you-still-good-try-though!

HEY! Good-effort-opponents-keep-your-chin-up-we're-all-winners-here!"

etc.

Ok yeah, maybe the "You suck!" chant is a little old, but it's not THAT bad. It's not like we're chanting "F*** YOU!" during our goal song (actually, that'd be kinda funny if you think about it :giggle:). And it's not going to just go away, unless they change the goal song.

Hahahaha my brother is hilarious.

What about..."HEY GOOD TRY!!"

or "HEY YOU ARE A WORTHY OPPONENT!!"

Yay! Another thread where people find some silly reason to take issue with the rare occasion where Devils fans actually unite to make noise at a home game! Yay!

It's a freaking sporting event. In the '70s, fans at the Garden used to heat pennies up with lighters before thowing them on the ice during play, imbedding them into the skating surface and causing the players to trip. But Devils fans are classless for saying You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on. Around that same time, Rangers fans used to smoke weed in the 400s. But people here are afraid their children might overhear fellow Devils fans chant You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on. Phillies fans beat another Phillies fan to death this past season. But Devils fans are accusing other Devils fans of acting like "losers" because they chant You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on. Phillies fans threw batteries at Scott Rolen, Pistons fans fought Ron Artest, Mike Milbury beat a Rangers fan with a shoe, Eagles fans booed Santa Claus, Giants fans destroyed a random Porche and a truck after a game, Los Angeles broke out into a riot after the Lakers win a championship ... and we're all getting worked up over whether or not to say You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on.

Lighten up. It's just two silly little words. They aren't curse words. They aren't racist or bigoted in any way. I don't see any reason to take issue. On the occasions where someone makes it personal? Then yes, that's a serious problem and we should all do our part and speak up. But on the whole it's harmless fun.

(I also think it's funny how the prevailing opinion in this thread is that You Suck! is classless, yet the majority of fans at the games participate in the chant. Either the offended fans here don't go to games or they claim they don't like but actually participate. Something just doesn't add up.)

I for one really, really miss "1940". Damn Mattheau.

Forget Matteau, even though he gets the credit. Damn Slava Fetisov for deflecting it past Marty. Matteau actually lost control of the puck and Slava deflected it home as I was sitting in that corner and remember the play well. I know the Rangers and Sam "The Slurp" Rosen hype it up as some great goal but please, any hockey fan knows better.

Too bad the league disallowed us about a half dozen goals with that moronic 'in the crease' rule. I believe Billy Guerin lost about three himself otherwise the '1940' chant would live on! LOL!!!

We all know that the Rags will go another 50+ years before winning again so the '94' chant will sound pretty sweet during the 2010's, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.... LOL!!!

Yay! Another thread where people find some silly reason to take issue with the rare occasion where Devils fans actually unite to make noise at a home game! Yay!

It's a freaking sporting event. In the '70s, fans at the Garden used to heat pennies up with lighters before thowing them on the ice during play, imbedding them into the skating surface and causing the players to trip. But Devils fans are classless for saying You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on. Around that same time, Rangers fans used to smoke weed in the 400s. But people here are afraid their children might overhear fellow Devils fans chant You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on. Phillies fans beat another Phillies fan to death this past season. But Devils fans are accusing other Devils fans of acting like "losers" because they chant You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on. Phillies fans threw batteries at Scott Rolen, Pistons fans fought Ron Artest, Mike Milbury beat a Rangers fan with a shoe, Eagles fans booed Santa Claus, Giants fans destroyed a random Porche and a truck after a game, Los Angeles broke out into a riot after the Lakers win a championship ... and we're all getting worked up over whether or not to say You Suck! toward an opponent we just scored on.

Lighten up. It's just two silly little words. They aren't curse words. They aren't racist or bigoted in any way. I don't see any reason to take issue. On the occasions where someone makes it personal? Then yes, that's a serious problem and we should all do our part and speak up. But on the whole it's harmless fun.

(I also think it's funny how the prevailing opinion in this thread is that You Suck! is classless, yet the majority of fans at the games participate in the chant. Either the offended fans here don't go to games or they claim they don't like but actually participate. Something just doesn't add up.)

Isn't it funny how everyone abhors it on the board but everyone at the game screams it with conviction? Too funny.

:clap:

Forget Matteau, even though he gets the credit. Damn Slava Fetisov for deflecting it past Marty. Matteau actually lost control of the puck and Slava deflected it home as I was sitting in that corner and remember the play well. I know the Rangers and Sam "The Slurp" Rosen hype it up as some great goal but please, any hockey fan knows better.

Too bad the league disallowed us about a half dozen goals with that moronic 'in the crease' rule. I believe Billy Guerin lost about three himself otherwise the '1940' chant would live on! LOL!!!

We all know that the Rags will go another 50+ years before winning again so the '94' chant will sound pretty sweet during the 2010's, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.... LOL!!!

I believe that was the 1997 series.

Forget Matteau, even though he gets the credit. Damn Slava Fetisov for deflecting it past Marty. Matteau actually lost control of the puck and Slava deflected it home as I was sitting in that corner and remember the play well.

What were you watching? Fetisov didn't deflect the puck past Brodeur and Matteau never lost control of the puck.

However, Fetisov was the one that allowed the play to remain in the zone when he hit Tikkanen in the pants with a clearing attempt.

Edited by SJP20