Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Motorcity Devil

Interesting Article

8 posts in this topic

Some Devils mentioned in this article, including a major compliment about Parise.

Check out the column on the right side about mid-way down in his "top five teams" comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/notebook?page=buccigross/091117

He didn't mention the starting goalie, and I'm a bit ignorant on the international stage.... is Brodeur or Luongo favored? Fleury/Ward is down the road starter?

He didn't mention the starting goalie, and I'm a bit ignorant on the international stage.... is Brodeur or Luongo favored? Fleury/Ward is down the road starter?

I don't know what the vegas odds are for the starting goalie for Canada. Bsaed on what happened to Marty in his first Olympics (Roy played instead of Marty - who was clearly the better player), I would hope that Marty is the favorite (favourite as they say in Canada).

I doubt that the GMs are going to say anything until they have to. The letters went out pretty recently for the USA team camp. My friend James Wisnewski got one from Team USA (big surprise for him), he has to report in December where they will make final cuts. I assume Canada is the same, and would make an announcement at the same time as to the starting goalies.

My friend James Wisnewski got one from Team USA (big surprise for him)

Best of luck to him! He's a nice young d-man... I took a liking to him because we share the same bday... lol

I doubt that the GMs are going to say anything until they have to. The letters went out pretty recently for the USA team camp. My friend James Wisnewski got one from Team USA (big surprise for him), he has to report in December where they will make final cuts. I assume Canada is the same, and would make an announcement at the same time as to the starting goalies.

Do you really know him?

(Note: not challenging you--I believe you. I'm just interested)

I would name Parise the captain of this team. He is the best Team USA player in the NHL today, and if he were Canadian, I would have him on a first line with Sidney Crosby.

If that's not a compliment, I don't know what is, but I bet Rafalski is the Team USA captain this year.

Do you really know him?

(Note: not challenging you--I believe you. I'm just interested)

Yes... I do. I wouldn't joke about something like that.

James' Dad's last name is Wisnewski, but his mom has a different last name. I've known the family for a long time - more his mom and sisters. Awesome family, every one of them. James is really level headed, and works really hard. Hell of a golfer, too.

Btw - I wasn't bragging about knowing him - I threw that in there to try and answer the guys questions about the olympics. James just got his letter for training camp, I know final selections won't happen until after December practices. He asked if Marty would be named the starter early, and I was trying to point out that GMs really don't have a lock on their teams until after December's meetings.