The Wire - 100 Greatest Quotes

devilsrule33

going to have to crack out the DVDs of this again soon.

'you want it to be one way... but it's the other way', by marlo, and 'neither side wins, one side just loses more slowly' by prezbo.

seems like whoever made this was real excited about doing it then realized that 40 of their favorites were from season 1.

I actually zoomed through the entire series the last few months again. Just as enjoyable if not more so.

"You come at the king, you best not miss."

"Game's the same, just got more fierce."

"Boy, you got me confused with someone who repeats himself."

"How my hair look Mike."

"The same blood doesn't flow through my veins, Pop, I've always known that."

"He knows my name, but my name is not my name. And you... to them you're only "The Greek"."

"And, of course, I'm not even Greek."

"There ain't no back in the day, nigga. Ain't no nostalgia to this sh!t here. There's just the street and the game and what happen here today."

"You remember that one day summer past when we threw the piss balloons at the terrace boys.....you remember Mike?"

"I don't."

"He's saying the past is always with us. Where we come from, what we go through, how we go through it. All this sh!t matters...."

Edited by devilsrule33

it's funny, i've already gone through the wire twice - kind of. i was watching season 5, but moved halfway through and never picked it back up. pretty sure this means season 5 is worse than i thought.

'can i get some scrapple?' (or something similar)

'where the hell in leave it to beaver land did you take me'

between the wire, the sopranos, and deadwood (and from what i've heard, mad men, though i've yet to see that), i'm not sure i ever need to watch new tv shows.

The Wire was the single greatest TV show ever created. It's funny, I liked Homicide: Life on the Street on NBC......but when HBO got involved...holy crap, watch out.

Life On Mars last year on ABC I was hooked on, I thought that would have been a great HBO series.

Never saw Deadwood.

Rome was unbelievably fan-friggin'-tastic

Just watched the video and it misses one of the greatest lines ever when Bunk tell McNulty inSeason 1, "You gave a f*ck, when it wasn't your turn to give a f*ck" (Need context)

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

If the series itself was great, the music was better! Wiki describes it best when talking about the opening theme, "Way Down in the Hole", written by Tom Waits who sang it in season two. Each season the song was recorded and performed by different artists. Season four' opening I thought was the best, it was done by "DoMaJe"..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QE1VEsXSmc The closing theme is "The Fall", composed by Blake Leyh, who is also the show's music supervisor. "The Fall" is an edgy instumental which ended each episode just right.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFziuty23Q4

Wiki... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wire#Music

I forgot the greatest line ever.....of course it was Bunk

They were talking to the "Greeks" (can't remember situation) or about the Greeks and someone said, "Greeks...they invented civilization......" and Bunk replies, "....and ass f*cking too......."

How can you beat that in his tone?

Classic.

I forgot the greatest line ever.....of course it was Bunk

They were talking to the "Greeks" (can't remember situation) or about the Greeks and someone said, "Greeks...they invented civilization......" and Bunk replies, "....and ass f*cking too......."

How can you beat that in his tone?

Classic.

TMI Jimmy, TMI...LOL